S13 Coupe Build | Last Update: 20-May

it would be my first exhaust also but I would say definely get the same material throughout for the best results

other than that I have 75% argon 25% c02 gas and ER70S-6 wire
(which I believe is fine for all normal carbon steels)

im actually thinking about making a single muffler straight thru exhaust just for trackdays too, that I wont have time for until the summer though.

word. ill get back to you on when i think i’ll need that exhaust and maybe we can throw some ideas around. when is the motor going in? after you finish rebuilding the suspension and seam welding everything?

yeah just let me know when your ready, sounds like it would be fun

Im definetly going to finish seam welding before anything goes back on. I actually just bought a devilbliss flg3 gun and all the supplies to paint alot of my suspension silver. after I feel confident that I have enough practice im going to spray the engine bay the stock red. after that point the car can get somewhat put back together (at least the suspension and drivetrain) and then im going to do some bodywork to prep for paint on the car itself. Its going to be a busy few months coming up!

Sounds good. I just painted my engine bay this past summer. It was my first time using a gun, it was much easier than I expected.
As far as seam welding, did you have any problems with your old hatch, or did you just want to do it with this one?

I like the weight and structural rigidity advantage of the coupe. the reason I got rid of the fastback is not because it was a rust bucket or anything but it was a 17 yr old buffalo car and it showed underneath. I decided to spend the extra money and effort to get a virgin southern shell because ive had some VERY shitty experiences with rust in the past. also I have had 3 hatch’s and I was ready to change it up a bit.

plus everyone knows the tails of coupes look a lot better than hatches.

nice build, but can I ask why KYB GR-2s

the only reason I still have them is so I have something to roll on. Im buying stance coilovers (gr+ pro) whenever I get a few more things settled out

ahhhh ic

agreed you do great work:tup:

if only i saw some progress on project turbo Sol…you gonna let jim be the only one with a phat whip?

Good work Jim :tup:

cross my fingers, my car tuned by the 23-24ish, im doing it for myself so i didnt post a wright up

looks good mang

good luck then, keep us at least a little bit posted…

keep up the good work jim

Hey Jim you think you could skool me on some automotive knowledge Fri at Timmy’s?

uh… if I can? who is this?

also, im pretty sure wendesday they are closing for remodeling for weeks

They are remodeling for apparently 3 weeks. And I’m Aaron. Met you at Timmy’s and used to play splats, and I had your gloves in my car for like 2 weeks.

the start of a beautiful relationship…

You know it! Wow, ^^^ that sounded pretty gay.