close button, and allows the user to tap the switch to lower the
    headlights, this method also allows the headlights to return to full height
    when they are turned on
  • This switch simply interrupts the headlights ability to retract itself,
    allowing for it to stop part way down

- Pivot Headlight Controller

• Allows the driver to adjust the headlight to any height and works while
    the lights are both on and off

I remembered I saw one Drift Tengoku DVD where they teach you how to connect two switches and some wires in the relay. One switch control turning on/off the light, and one switch control the angle of the light.

I lent my DVD to my friend and he lost it. I think its the vol. 15 or something around there.

yeah, it makes sense, all you’d need to do is have a switch spliced into the 12V hot going to the headlight motors. When your lights are where you want 'em, interrupt power to the motors.

I converted to fixed headlights, so I can’t really test it out.

But I think you could also just readjust the physical “top” of the pivot arm. So that what the motor considers fully open is only 1/2.

But that would make them permanent sleepy eyes, so you’d best swap in some high discharge lights.

or option 4, manually adjust the lights to the pivot you like nad pull the light motor relay out. This is permanent sleepy eyes, light son and off. in case of emergency your override raise switch will still work (left of the steering wheel) but you have to lower them manually.

this is the cheapest solution, the home made controller will cost about 5 bux but youu can’t have the lights on.

DRE

Where can i find a cheap pivot switch, like the knob you turn to adjust the height of the lights. Is there a specific brand or harnes that I need?

CHECK OUT THIS THREAD IT IS OPTION 4 I GUESS BUT THE DIAGRAM IS WRONG. Read WHOLE THREAD FOR the right way. http://forums.son240sx.ca/viewtopic.php?t=3765IGHT

That’s the way I’ve done it! Very simple and very quick! Also very usefull and easy to do! :stuck_out_tongue:

i did my sleepys last week, a switch wired into the green wire… it works fine, they go up and down and stop where i want them too, but does this mean i dont get light when i have them in sleepy mode?

Yes, but i never checked yet, or noticed, and its raining out right now, so id rather ask… a bit lazy today…

no man, When you turn your light on they will go all the way back up. and they then will not go back down when you turn the lights off. so you will have to flick the switch again.

Manual method

• The driver adjusts the headlight motors by the knob at the side of the
    headlights, and the lights will return to the full open position when the
    headlights are turned on

i try to turn the knob on the side and it returns itself to the normal position. how do iover come this? do i tighten the screw on top?

no thats whats supposed to happen.

Just got my 240sx and I need help on Sleepy Eyes.

I am doing the adjust and pulling the relay method but I have few questions.

1.)I want to know where is the light motor relay located?

2.)How do you pull the relay out?

Pictures will be great… Thanks

on the SOHC it’s in the relay box beside the battery, i believe it’s the fourth one from the left .
Trial and error?!?

DRE

i use the manual method aswell but all i do is adjust the lights to where i want then unplug the clip at the bottom of the motors then u get lights on and off without them fliping up and down

How about registering first?

I’d like to point out one thing about sleepy eyes… if your going to do it. Make it look like beng2k’s avatar. Not like this:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/averageplayer/TheLot44.jpg

sorry dan, i had too :stuck_out_tongue:

lol yes my eyes are very sleepy haha

no one here knows about the brown wire method…?

take out your headlight button (on the left), and clip the brown wire (AND ONLY the brown wire)

put button back on…

press button so it’s in…

turn headlights on, then off…

now, double tap the button very fast, and let them drop little by little until you get your desired height…

press the button just once, and they close fully, turn headlights on, and they open up all the way…

no comprimises, takes seconds, and it works…

Some one gets me wendys or 5 bux ill go get a pic or two of my headlight relay and make a diagram of the way i wired it up so u can control sleepy eyes from in the car as well as maintain sleepy eyes when your headlights are on. The way i used to put my headlights in sleepy mode is complicated…put headlights up with the big button then turn toggle switch #1 so the circut is open(off) now press the stock big headlight switch again…this time lights wont go down because the circuts open. start flicking the #1 switch back n fourth quickly until ur headlights are how ever sleepy you or your car is feeling(they will go down all the way if ur not quick enough. When you put your headlights into the on position the lights will return to the full up mode thats what the second toggle switch is for…it kills the power to the headlight motors. So flick that switch before you attempt to put your headlights on and your headlights will come on and stay in sleepy mode. All this wiring is done from one relay. you need a crimp tool(plyers will work) a dozen connectors 2 toggle switches and some 16 gauge wiring. Btw i like cheese bacon lettus and ketchup on my junior bacon :wink:
-Devin