S13 vs. Spec - V

^^ I am pretty sure the Spec V has the gear issues worked out and it has a aftermarket header + loctite fix. Nissan Enthusiasts that give people flack for driving a Spec V = :finga: What is up with that seriously.

Yea man. I like reading new shit about pretty well any cars. People just get too prideful of their cars and their e-peeners get hurt if they think there may be a chance that there might ANY car faster than theirs and go on the offensive. It is the way of the internet.

Car hasn’t burned a drop of oil since i bought it with 90k on it in Apr of 05. I just did an oil change last week after 5k kms and the old oil was very clear. I took care of all the known issues ei, header and butterflies the same week I got it. Reason for the high mileage is due to lost of highway driving from the previous owner and myself. Last summer I drove cross-country in 4 days without a problem, only stopping for gas and food/sleep. I also drive home to Kamloops, BC 3 or 4 times per year, no problems, even in a crazy blizzard through the pass in Jasper.

Good Luck with whatever you choose.

p.s. 240’s are ugly and can kiss my ass. :E

They get flack because of all the SENTRA spec v fanboys that buy the cars drive out of the dealership with the mentality that they have a super fast car…This would be a wonderful way of thinking if Turbos didnt exist.

I looked into buying a SPECV back in 2003 when i was looking for a car, its a good car but dont kid yourself running around with your shoelaces tide together doesnt make you cool (Sentra Rear Suspension) and just because you car came with a LSD from factory doesnt mean its a sports car.

Who ever said a Spec V was a sports car?

Everyone who doesn’t own one.

I kinda had a feeling this might happen I didn’t want it to be a pissing contest between Spec and S13 owners.

hahaha^^^ i like my car… has no problems at all. runs good, and is fun to drive. if i was to get a S13 it would have to be boosted. otherwise id take the spec. Boosted spec FTW even if its FWD! = year round fun.

Yea man… I dunno… so much hate from nowhere really. It’ll never change my opinion of the spec though. Fun car… may not have 400+ hp but eh, it still goes pretty good, and handles decently stock.

i really dont care… i rode in ur car and that was hardly running boost. and wow that was fun. i could easly spend 4000$ on a kit if i had the money and be happy. all u have to do is get a 1/4 mile time now that u have the kit, and well we will know how slow it is then…

only disadvantage i see with a boosted spec is its FWD. still goes tho.

Which turbo kit you running, or did you piece it together yourself

I bought Nick’s kit off of him. It’s a PTI (Now Powertech Performance) turbo kit. It’s got the ITS Street Heat 57 turbo instead of the Garrett turbo that normally comes with the kit, and also a custom intercooler. Other than that pretty well everything else is the same as the Stage 3 kit. Oh the BOVs (yes there’s 2) are different too.

http://www.powertechperformance.com/turbokits/specvkit/specvkits.html

^^Cool

Anymore questions about “the” spec, I can answer them here. :wink:

As the only member here who owns BOTH cars I think I am qualified to end the argument. I believe I have a thread around here somewhere called “S13 vs B15” or something like that.

S13. :E

^^ got it 4 u…

http://www.n-e-c-c.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3330&highlight=s13++b15

These cars are completely different and you can’t compare them in the same class. One can be made into a fun RWD monster with lost of work (paint, body work, engine, tranny, wiring…etc). The other is a 4 door reliable peppy pocket “rocket” that can be made to run 300whp if you know what you are doing.

I guess you can’t go wrong either way, but you have to decide what you want.

Lots of work… Yes the fact that the drive wheels are located at the rear makes for alot more work when turboing or swaping something…NOT

Turboing either car will be the exact same work. I didnt have to paint, do body work, “do a engine” whatever you mean by that…, “do a tranny” whatever you mean by that…, or do any wiring.

And my car (street tires) runs a faster MPH in the quarter than Silverboosts spec on slicks.

Thanks for coming out though, its obvious you have no “REAL” mechanical backround.

Stick to your cold air intakes and motors mount inserts. :roll:

Lots of work… Yes the fact that the drive wheels are located at the rear makes for alot more work when turboing or swaping something…NOT

Turboing either car will be the exact same work. I didnt have to paint, do body work, “do a engine” whatever you mean by that…, “do a tranny” whatever you mean by that…, or do any wiring.

And my car (street tires) runs a faster MPH in the quarter than Silverboosts spec on slicks.

Thanks for coming out though, its obvious you have no “REAL” mechanical backround.

Stick to your cold air intakes and motors mount inserts. :roll:[/quote]

So much anger…

Read his post, the car needs work.

Where in this thread have I said “do a engine”.

Congrats on running faster than silverboost. What is that supposed to mean? :roll:

No mechanical experience, lol. Go play with your $6k car, I’ll stick with my $50 million jet.

I still don’t see what the problem is, why do ppl with s14, 240’s etc have to prove themselves to spec owners. I don’t care if your car is fast4r or that it is RWD. They are completely different and are used for different purposes.