S13 vs. Spec - V

wow… im beginning to realize the spec v guys really are not welcome in this club… its more of “my car is better then ur car” bs. some ppl want a nice interior with chrome rims and subs. some ppl want a 91 with no stereo shitty interior and just a big engine with turbo.

the spec isnt a POS nor is it RWD. but it can handle good and is reliable.

u know the pros and cons of the spec and the S13. its now up to what you want… new reliable car w/ little maintence but slower… or older car that need some work and must be maintained properly but faster… its what u want more. speed or reliability.

i like the 240, S13, skyline, w/e. they look like alot of fun to drive and id like to build my own eventually, but i dont have the time or the room and tools to do that. so i got whats practical to my need right now. reliable and fun to drive.

No mechanical experience, lol. Go play with your $6k car, I’ll stick with my $50 million jet.

HAHAHAHA your quite the fag, dont even bring money into this.

Lots of work… Yes the fact that the drive wheels are located at the rear makes for alot more work when turboing or swaping something…NOT

Turboing either car will be the exact same work. I didnt have to paint, do body work, “do a engine” whatever you mean by that…, “do a tranny” whatever you mean by that…, or do any wiring.

And my car (street tires) runs a faster MPH in the quarter than Silverboosts spec on slicks.

Thanks for coming out though, its obvious you have no “REAL” mechanical backround.

Stick to your cold air intakes and motors mount inserts. :roll:[/quote]

I love the im better than all of you attitude works well to win agruments over cars

Think what you want but if you want to go fast for cheap its the 240sx that wins, you want an everyday comfortable car, with pep its the SENTRA.

Oh my. I don’t know which side of the battle I’m on. :pimp:

Ok simple question…
Flav & Louis - How much money have you dumped into your cars?..

Why are you arguing about FWD or RWD… Your cars are purpose built. I didn’t buy the Spec for a “race” car… I bought it because I needed a daily driver with a tiny bit of pep… Now most of you have seen my project car and wow it’s a FWD car… I have no problems with 180, 240 owners. I love looking at your cars. A lot of work goes into them. I don’t cut you down and talk positively about all our RWD members. Same as FWD members. But why fight over shit like this?

$26,500 for the Sentra

$13-14,000 on the 240

Why do you ask Ryan?

$35000 on my Frontier
$16000-17000 on my 240sx<–Includes puchase price.

So you have only spent 14,000 on you car? Not it’s purchase price.
I’ve dumped at least $11,000 in to my project so far. I can’t compare the 2 but my project is 24yrs old.

No 14k includes my purchase price.

This thread is funny.

Pro’s of Each

240 = Performance/Styling (with nice wheels and lowering)

Spec V = Gas Mileage/Waranty/Reliability

If you can work on shit yourself, the 240/SR is not that unreliable at all. Same shit as my skyline and it has never left me stranded anywhere…

canadianskyline,

to be clear, this forum is now 4 pages long, the bottom line is, if you have the money, you can do whatever you want. But with 4dr you can get your friends around town and its a FWD so possibly drive in winter. If you decide to go with s13 and dump the money into perfomance, you are not in such a big luck, but you’ll have tons of fun with it. YOU have to drive it, so YOU have to make a decision and what you really want. I have fwd altima for winter-its quiet, reliable and fun. Summer time is all about fart cans, smoke and 200km per tank of gas, you live once, money are replaceable, your age isnt.

Uhhh, this isnt my thread… :roll:

SOMEONE STOP THE NISSAN ON NISSAN VIOLENCE!!!
MAN THESE ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN CA VS SR VS KA VS RB/ EVERYONE HAS OWN PREFERENCE.LETS ALL GET ALONG ALREADY :partyman:

let just lock this thread, its pointless already.

This is getting into a flamefest which isn’t what I expected.

Really? :rolleyes:

^^ Seriously I have never owned either cars so I wanted a few opinions from both sides, not a Spev is better or 240 is better, or I have a bigger penis than you or I spent this much $$. I thought a few opinions might help me deicide on which to pick. I know its my money and I’m the one that has to live with it.

Yea lock would be nice… all the main points about both cars have been addressed in pages 1-2… End of page 2 and page 3 are the flame posts… This thread seems to have it all and cannot be improved in any way shape or form.