S14 Lighting options

I added a set of $100 (equivalent) HID’s to my Kouki S14… 6000k.

Total garbage…

There is a pretty good cut off and they do look nice on the car… but the actual lighting of the roadway is worsened, notably.

The light bluish beam is so disorienting, i’ve never had this kind of lighting before and i find it really confusing by applying unnatural colors to the roadway and signage etc.

in the fog it’s almost blinding… i dont understand why people do this “upgrade”

i want it out as soon as possible, but i want to know what bulbs are the best for an S14.

I searched on Zilvia but there was too much to go through.

Can someone link to me a definitive thread or post or web page outlining the various options and what the best is.

What kit did you get Bing?

I find that the “cheap” no name brands are shit. Stick with Ignited Performance 6000k or 4300k.

You ALWAYS need to aim your lights after H.I.D install also.

Fog and snow will always be an issue. Unless you get 3000k fogs.

My input

I’m sure the quality of the kit is a huge factor on the final appearance. I grabbed a Phillips 8000k Kit and I’m amazed on how they look on the kouk.

yeah im pretty sure 6000k and 8000k have the most colour to them which is why most people buy them the best upgrade is to get projector H.I.Ds at 12000k i find those light work wicked and they don`t blind on coming motorists

^^^
I find that 12,000k’s in projector’s (buddy’s 300zx) is fucking BRIGHT, not really blinding behind you, just annoying bright lol

Bing - try some 5000k or 4300k bulbs. They should be plug and play with your existing kit.

A non-HID option would be Sylvania Silverstar Halogen bulbs.

^^^
They are nice. Yet, they do not last long at all.

PIAA XTreme White bulbs, they are the whitest lights around, very bright and have lasted me years. I also have the PIAA’s in the high beams and fogs (yellow’s)… can’t go wrong with proven performance.

keep reg. decent bulbs with really good yellow fogs

haha now you know why i always talk about how bad drop-in “plug and play” HID kits are. there’s a reason it’s cheap. because it’s utter shit.

Osram Hyper 70/65W

best bulb you can get in an H4. plus EDM pimpnicity.

the best lighting solution would be German glass headlights + the Osram Hypers

assuming you dont want to spend $500 on German glass, just get the bulbs.

http://spd.blinkerfluid.org/images/h4_bulb.jpg

talk to Jammin

The higher the temperature (K) of an HID bulb does not mean brighter light, only the color of the light. 5000k is pure white, and is the closest temp to matching daylight. Anything over that actually decreases your driving visibility because it moves away from that visible light “sweet spot” that humans can see on the EM spectrum.

Newman had 8000k on his Elise and couldn’t see crap at night… but it looked cool on the car, lol.

^^^
4300k is brightest and whitest.