S15 Discussion

Recently I’ve been thinking about purchasing an S15 in a couple years when I’m done school, and there aren’t really any good places to research or join a community for this model of Silvia. I’m sure I could dig through the internet and find out all the answers, but I’d rather discuss the car with you guys and see what everyone else likes/dislikes about them then just read about shit.

So… post any differences you know between the S15 and other Silvia chassis’, whats better about them, whats worse about them, aero you like, pics of badass S15’s, differences in their SR20, etc. Any information you got, whatever. Post it up and let’s talk about this car.

I just put a s15 6 spd/engine/diff in my kouki.

Oil filter pitch/thread is not the same.
Oil pressure switch is different plug
Valve cover is different, due to the different “pen type” coilpacks, and they dont have a ignitor. Different plug on alternator too. Speed sensor is in differential.

Im kicking myself, i should of bought that grey s15 for sale a while back. oh well.

Seems kinda silly for them to have changed a lot of that stuff, makes stuff less interchangeable between the SR20’s… Is there any real difference with the actual engine it’s self that you know/notice? I know the turbo is obviously different, and apparently there is a different tune to get the increased power… but is that all?

How is the gearing on the 6 speed and I’m sure we’ve all heard they are ‘weaker’ but whats the breaking point for the 6 speed?

Can you even get an S15 yet in Canada?

A wealth of s15 info can be found here:

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/

more specifically here
http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showforum=2

Also a great place to source your s15 parts once they become legal here, much easier to deal with the Aussies as they speak english heh. Got my S15 spoiler there, shipping costs about the same as Japan which is ALOT but you gotta pay to play. Japan is still cheaper for s15 parts but easier to source from the Aussies due to language.

not easily

No intention of getting it in Canada. I’m moving to Japan in late 2013… originally always wanted to get an RX-7 and still do but daily driving it and drifting it well… I don’t feel like rebuilding it every month or less. I’ve always liked the S15, just trying to give myself some inspiration and learn some stuff about it so I get super excited to own one… lol

As for agent240sx, I’m gonna look that over now. I don’t really have a problem with the Japanese language or speaking with them, but I will keep it in mind lol.

i’d consider getting one when they’re legal… i HATE RHD though… would convert to LHD…

they’ll be expensive at first but after a while they’ll be $8k for a solid one just like JDM s14’s are right now.

too soon junior… Bing thats a waste , and fuck arent you asian ? shit your supposed to like rhd no? lol

RHD is only gay when you have a choice (supra, rx7, mr2, civic, etc…)
but when there’s no other option like s15 or skyline, RHDs the new LHD

Having personally driven a couple RHD vehicles, it’s the same shit. lol Only differences is left hand turns at lights here, which I could foresee being a problem which is easily solved by just waiting til the shit is yellow. Shifting with your left hand, etc… is barely even noticeable to be honest.

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

Anyways, all that aside… I don’t see much info being posted ABOUT the S15… lol

Anyone have any actual information/products they like, etc?

rhd sucks.

Again, it doesn’t matter that it’s RHD… as the car will be owned in Japan. So… moving on

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19480[/ATTACH]

Anyone know what kit this is?

kits Vertex Lang ( T&E ) just with out the front Canards.

I hear that the 6 speed tranny isn’t really up for much power. I was hopping to get a 6 speed when i get an SR20 to drop in, but have been warned against it (think the last time i had talked about it to someone it was Varun)

You sure thats the right kit, the vertex one? It looks similar aside from the canards, but side skirts look different as they have a little vent thing on them and the side vents on the front look a bit smaller on the pic I posted. Might just be the angle of the picture though. Wish I could get a couple more pics of it from the front/back… bah.

As for the 6 speed, I hear the same things; however I’m curious HOW much weaker it is. I don’t intend to rock 400hp on a daily so I’m wondering if it could hold about 300ish safely. Damn S15, lol so hard to find real information on it.

I’m with you on this the RHD thing… theres hope however… In Chile they sell LHD Skylines and S15. Pricing isn’t too bad
Skyline GT-R34… US$65.000 un S15… US$15.000-20.000
Not sure what the import export laws from Chile to Canada are tho, but would definitely be a route I would look into if I was in the market for an s15

More info and pics of LHD s15 and skylines here:
http://zilvia.net/f/media-forum-pictures-videos/351325-some-s13-s14-s15-chile.html
http://zilvia.net/f/media-forum-pictures-videos/351325-some-s13-s14-s15-chile-2.html

so let me get this straight, canada sucks ass because we cant bring in cars until they are old even if they are lhd .

gay. anyways i like the idea of the s15 silvia being lhd, but ruins the whole feeling for me.

it would be a straight forward S14 interior swap wouldnt it?

i would definitely consider that.

would go all stock aero Spec R with 350whp, in black… BBS LM’s or something… and keep it.

There are some companies that make converted S15 dashes, stock like and carbon/frp like…

its been also done before… i forget where i had pix/links/articles…

I would def convert to lhd as well… s15s are sexy but rhd is totally gay… wtf is the point? How to get in an accident better :-/ It’s just a retarded fashion fad in the local car community honestly… of hey look at me im unique with rhd and jdm as fuck sticker hanging around :-/