S15 turbo rebuild.

Hi, guys im beginning to think im becoming a nucance on this website lol.

But, yet again i have another question. I was wondering whether my s15 turbo can be rebuilt and how much it will cost. I was told it was blown, but i dont see much shaft play:S? is there other ways it can be blown?

thanks alot guys

Randy

Turbos can be rebuilt usually no problems. Judging by your very accurate description (not really lol) its probably nothing too big and shouldn’t cost that much. But at the same time, it might be cheaper in the long run to just buy a new aftermarket turbo since they are getting cheaper. Figure out what works for you cause if its an OE turbo buying an aftermarket might be a better use of the money,

Goodluck!

Just a random thought if there’s little to no shaft play, the seals might be gone so oil leakage and smoking. Or you don’t know now but when it’s spinning @ 1000’s of rpms that shaft play is worse.

^^ tis what i was thinking… seals are common and the only real sign is burning oil. Get it checked out by somebody that know what they are doin and assess the situation then.

You can’t rebuilt ballbearing turbos.

^ yup.

You can rebuild them, but its more expensive then a new turbo in almost all cases.