S1DC wants to help you!

This section is where you can ask us technical questions like anything pertaining to drift setups, drift techniques, questions about your car, or any questions at all that you might have pertaining to drifting, or mechanical work on your car.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Stage 1 Drift Crew
‘Live Fast, Die Laughing’

bobby can you teach me to drift

:i …lol just jokeing.
Ask Bobby that after the 08 season and he will tell $150 a leson.

Dont be mean you know i taught you all you know…

But yes Peter im not to good as of right now but im gonna be rippin it up this season. After that, i willl!

what do you guys prefer for coilover setup?
i have 32 way megan coilovers and just wanan know what you like as for preloads and damping also camber and all that.
i dont have anything else suspension wise so i wanna get 100% out of the coilovers.

Will you be drifting?
If yes it will depend on a few things…like your diff VLSD… welded 2way ect.
the type of diff will make the car handle different during transitions and can determin how much you can throttle steer.

How does your car handle now and what is your skill level?
Is you car had to get loose or easy to get loose but hard to keep from spinning?

Susp set up is really set up for the driver and the car…both differ from car to car.

I would be happy to help you out at the track when you can test diff setups.

Chris

I’m like flatsil40 i have the 32 way megan coilovers aswell. So i will be out to get my skills batter. I also have VLSD installed to help,lol. Look forward to getting to know you all better and getting me skills better aswell.

i have a welded diff, and the coilovers. now i can get the car to slide, i can hold it and not spin out, but i just wanna know if there is a better way to have this car setup.

and i hateee using my e-brake to help me drift…that is another thing i would like to try out this year, but firts i gotto tighten my brake cables as they are what i belive to be stretched. i gotto pull the arm up really high lol :frowning:

Adjust the 10mm nut on the inside of the ebrake cover, when you tighten that it will bring the arm down with a nice ebrake feeling.

ahhh, amazing. thanks im heading out to do that now.
btw you guys i also have a redtop sr20 to give me some more power for drifting. even tho it is not really about big hp.

With just coilovers you are limited with what you can adjust. If you had RUCA’s then you could give some - camber. A small amount of - is good to help with grip but go to far and you loose too much contact patch.

If you want the car to slide easier you could give it enough - camber to do so but you will more then likely have a harder time contoling your transitions.

The same goes with toe. I have a fair bit of toe-in and it works good for me.

I think the best thing for you would maybe to try a bigger sway bar. Find a used super hycas sway bar, they are bigger then the no-hycas and it will help you slide a little easier.

Chris

With an SR you gotta keep the power up in its peak range, for an SR i like to call it VTEC as you do have to be in high RPM to get alot of power.

Keep it in 2nd with the high RPM unless your making alot of power. Talk to people who have drifted with KA-DET and SR-DET and see the difference. With KA’s we can go into 3rd and have enough torque to keep us there where as the SR guys (stock to moderately modified) gotta stay in 2nd with high RPM’s. Thats just my take though as i have never drifted an SR but i have heard feedback from some people (aka canadiandrifter) its very different because you dont feel the same power.

Drifting isnt as much about power but its nice to have it exiting the corner after slowing down for the entry.

Comon guys keep the questions coming before the drift season comes, this way we can try to have you guys ready and out there taking over these “grip” people!!!

VIV LA DRIFT!

well im going to give it my best shot this year, hopefully it works good. lol
thanks again for all the help

what do you think of preloads tho? and dampining? thanks :slight_smile:

I have a question that I could never get an answer for.

How much camber is too much camber for the rear?

I know -1 camber in the rear will not give much grip at all when sideways, but then what degree would give the most grip while making transitions easier?

I know a ton of guys on Zilvia who run -1.5 but that is because they want to get even wear out of their tires. I know NOB Taniguchi runs a lot more telling from his tires. One side is basically bald while the other side is distinctively less used.

Does that mean he isn’t getting the most grip out of his tires or is it the opposite? Many people say I run too much camber and if i ran less, I would be able to drift longer and etc because I have too much grip.

I’ve heard both sides of the spectrum.

Sorry samson, we cant help the competition :{

So what happend to helping me if i did KA-T, was that all a lie?!?

Sabatoge!!!

It’s ok if you don’t know the answer Bobby :wink:

Dude i would help anyone KA-T if they were thinkin about going SR…boo.

And yes, i can admit i dont know the answer, suspension is not my strong suit, thats a job for jesse wilks.

<3 samson :R

what kind of brakes / brake pads are u s1dc crew using? and the s1dc ka-t guys …what turbo / how many psi are u running? What are u using for tuning?
How many ka’s have u gone through?

Im using front 300zx setup and rear stock with s14 rotors. Jesse is using Q45 front setup and stock rear setup. Chris is using stock at the moment.

I was running a T25 setup like jesse but now im going to upgrade to a T28 and i was running 10 PSI, jesse was running 7PSI.

I have gone through 2 motors but Jesse’s KA has been strong for a while now but i think its starting to fall off now. Chris runs a GT3076 at 10PSI (when he can control it) and he has gone through i think around 12 motors now. (over the course of like 4 or so years.

We are all “tuning” and i use that word very loosely with an SAFC but we all plan to upgrade for the 2008 series as an SAFC as a tuning tool is useless.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions about a setup your interested in please feel free to post it here and we will help you make some decisions,etc.

Thanks,
Bobby

haha chris i was joking