Saratoga Nissan Raided

Raided by State police, DMV and AG’s office. Looks like they may have pissed of to many people or to many of the wrong people.

http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_891.shtml

In before “it is all just the media making shit up and therefore their fault” comment…:rofl

their FB page was riddled with complaints and call outs from customers but has since be cleaned out and locked down and limited as to what and where people can respond

Read the google reviews.

one of my friends is a tech there

Fuck it-

As a reminder to who started it all…

CONGRATS, The 5/10/12 “Strong Jellies” award goes to YOU!

It seems like alot of people are complaining about unreliable prices on google reviews

This is the guy that just bought Langan VW/ closed chrysler/Jeep in sch.

fixed . Thx Peee Jay Bee

you mean Langan VW?

A link that actually works:

Yes the owners on Saratoga Nissan just bought Langan which is now VW of Schenectady

the whole thing is due to sketchy pricing practices in parts and service. A few cases have already surfaced of customers being charged double full retail value for parts.

my standpoint is if they charge it and the customer pays for it on the parts side not the service side then well that’s the customers own problem. I mean if i got to New country Subaru has a part that is expensive or full retail I’ll tell the stuff it and go find the part somewhere else.

Now the thing I have read that they are doing that I do not agree with is price gouging on repairs after the fact. Giving low ball repair quotes then once the work is done the customer is paying double the quote

Exactly my feelings too. It seems like more and more idiots are pissing their pants AFTER they complete a transaction. Most likely after they have a “Yeah I just brought my car to XXXX and paid $1230 for brakes on my Camery”… “DUDE, you got fucked” and the owner cries about not “knowing” better when they were signing the RO.

15 minutes on a phone calling, NAPA, Advance, other OEM dealers, etc and you have a damn good idea of what the parts “should probably cost”.

People need to read the damn disclosures that NYS makes registered repair shops attach to invoices and understand them. They are there to protect the consumer and the business.

But yeah, the one thing that burns my britches is jacking a price after an initial quote, WITHOUT evidence to the consumer as to why it just got more expensive. Bolts seize, rust, strip, break off, all the time. Shit happens, and repairs take longer or more parts are needed once you dig into them. BUT, that’s what the DMV repair laws are set forth for. The consumer must be contacted and OK the additional work prior to laying a finger on the car past the original RO they signed. IE, you come in for pads & rotors and get billed for brakes and a master cylinder. You never OK’d the master cylinder, legally you are not obligated to pay for it, tell them to prove the old was bad and accept it, reinstall the old and drive off, or call DMV report the shop and drive off with new parts for free.

this is quite a thread

Google reviews lulz:

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&cp=11&gs_id=9t&xhr=t&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=885&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=saratoga+nissan&fb=1&gl=us&hq=saratoga+nissan&hnear=0x89de159b194b97df:0x866385d08d5f0424,Round+Lake,+NY&cid=2684658076066397621&ei=2iitT6L2JaOe6AGdwenXDA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=placepage-link&resnum=4&sqi=2&ved=0CJkBEOIJMAM

Aha hahahaha!

“disatisfied_customer - a year ago
I leased a 2009 Murano in March 2008. The salesman took my keys when I arrived and refused to return them to me. They pretty much kept me hostage for 7 hours until I finally accepted the lease offer - to get out of there. I would never go there again. They would not give m keys back even when I asked repeated to go get soemthing to eat. Then they moved my car and I could not find it. This place is a scam and I think Nissan should certainly be looking at them closely.”

so he was imprisoned?

…yeah that would last all of 5 mins with me.

agreed. i’d have asked once for my keys back.

I would’ve called the Sheriff if they refused to give me keys my back.

Sounds like they’re going to get hit with a laundry list of violations and illegal activity.