scam? i think so

yep, pretty sure this is a scam, all the “god bless’s” throughout the rest of it kinda gave it away. man, if they’d just talk like normal people, this kind of shit might actually work.

Hello,
Thanks for the reply and the rate given.I will pay you $6,000 for the car,but payment is going to be made through a certified bank draft which is going to be issued to you in your name…The draft is going to be for the car and shipping fee meaning you will be receiving excess payment…

As soon as you receive the payment you take it to your bank and cash it,then you deduct your $6,000 from it and help me send the remaining money via western union money transfer to the shipper that will come to your location for pickup don’t mind giving you extra $100 for your running around and keeping it pending on when the shipper will come and pick it up.Now kindly get back to me with your full contact details below so that the payment can be issued out asap

Your real name…
Street address…
City…
Province…
Postal code…
Your phone number…

Awaiting your response ASAP
Robbie

definate scam had almost same email regarding my bike a while back

Did you get this in an email or what?

lol welcome to 1999. I’m surprised Mark didn’t say Old. Wow Mark is unpredictable.

lol those will never stop

when posting an ad online, ANY reply that in any way mentions a “shipper” or a “certified bank draft” is INSTANT scam in my books. the one you posted is almost word for word the same as the one my girlfriend got last year.

another red flag? these scam e-mails never specifically mention the item you’re selling…they just refer to it vaguely (“item for sale”, “car”, “vehicle” etc.), unless they copy and paste the name of it word for word out of the ad (say “1995 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6” instead of just saying “Jetta” or “VW”)

definitly got this twice now. i wonder if anyone is stupid enough to do it.

If I recall there was somebody on son240 like 3 years ago

my buddy was, he had to change around all his banking info because the scammers knew all of his banking information and had the ability to clean out his account, luckily he be them to it.

yes, people are stupid enough to do it - it’s why these scammers are still around, some people are just that dumb

yeah, an email. how do they get all your banking info from a bank draft though? seems odd…

I actually did it and made out with $1500. This was years ago.

lol

hey!! i just gave him my info and he said he would direct wire money to my account in two days time!!! fuckin’ car is sold man

these guys send these emails in hundreds of different forms, ive gotten a few, slightly different but followed the same guidelines. they’re pretty obvious, comes down to how dumb you are

soooo, i’m not getting any money?

The only time it’s not a scam, is if it’s “Hey, I’m going to come to your house and give you the money cash, and then we can go to the bank and verify it’s not counterfit, and then you give me the car.” Everything else is a scam.

i had almost the same they guy said he wanted to buy my “bike” for his son and was gunna use his shipping company to move it …but i was selling a 89 civic si hatch …so i emailed him back asking about what bike he wantd to buy from me …and gott the same email

If you want to test it tell him to send the cheque and you want your bank to verify it first…

lolz