SCCA Solo II AutoX Novice School - 4/22/06

Awwww snap! registration is fully open and who do I see in SM? That’s right, slick rick the rula is coming outta retirement from the timing truck to kill some heads in SM. Well then, bring it mang, and bring kleeman and his klevo w/ya! :slight_smile:

Slick rick in SM! Righteous. Fuck, If I had known there wasn’t going to be a party in Street Mod, I wouldn’t have decided this was the year to rebuild the talon. :smiley:

its gonna be a good yr…Azenis here i come in STX

There’s always a party in SM!

Way ahead of you…

Awwwwww shit! Well, now I have to say, bring it, big jim thunder! This may be a whoever’s car breaks less throughout the season takes class champ battle. I got my damn tools and almost spare fucking car ready!

I need to find a spare car…

Andy, we drive Hondas, not DSMs - our cars won’t break that much. I am still worried about Sam’s Evo, though.

SM Role Call - who else is coming to play???

again not me STX is where ill be at damn brake kit

give me 2+ years :bloated:

Taking a personal day to goto novice school… looking forward to it.

Im gonna be there for a little brushing up for a couple events before i drop my novice title. After that I will most likely be SM by then, I don’t know why I want to get beat up so badly though.

bump to get your cars prepped biotches! And n00bs, feel free to post any questions you may have! Don’t be timid, we’ll all help you out as much as we can. It’s all about fun, so come have some.

registered for novice school, and the 4/23 autox. Called off work that whole entire weekend. question:

I have stock brake fluid, should I upgrade to performance brake fluid? Would it make a difference?

Not necessary for autox. If you are like me, you put more stress on your brakes from a pass on the 198. The pads will make more of a difference though. However, I can’t stress this enough:

You don’t need a fully prepped car to run. It just needs to be safe, and as long as it would pass a regular safety inspection, you will be fine. It is more important that you try it first, and then look into upgrades for you car.

:word:

Perfect example was the time my Fiero wasn’t ready for the first race of the season and I took my wife’s car. Bone stock Prizm, 3 speed auto, running all seasons, regular brake pads etc. I just removed the hub caps, floor mats, and tons of crap my wife keeps in the car, brought the tires up to autocross pressures, and tore it up. Even with that slow, entirely under prepped car it was still fun to dance through the slaloms.

This pic isn’t from an autox but I did take this car to BIMP and one regular autox last year. Everyone enjoyed watching it, esp at BIMP.

http://roclife.perception.cc/albums/album81/lifting_wheel.jpg

what kind of times do you run in a red x?
:slight_smile:

Oops! I forgot we didn’t have nyspeed in the roclife gallery htaccess. Fixed.

The day is approaching - make sure you pre-register for the event is possible.

>.< Going to miss it by one week. My break is the week before, or I’d love to come. I was so busy last summer I didn’t get a chance to auto-x or get to the track even once. It’s been nearly 2 years since I have. :cry: