School Shooting in CT

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

infringed past participle, past tense of in·fringe (Verb)
Verb
Actively break the terms of (a law, agreement, etc.): “infringe a copyright”.
Act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on: “infringe on his privacy”.

You need a dog license, to keep people from having too many dogs right? How did that not keep Michael Vick from fighting pitbulls??? because criminals don’t follow laws!

when you have laws and criminals don’t follow them you can do something about it. because they won’t follow the law just gives the police more teeth to solve whatever problem when they encounter it.

too many time with pitbulls we end up with officers onsite who want to kill somebody but can’t do anything but smile because no law is being broken.

I’ll never understand not wanting a law because you think criminals won’t follow it.

Uh

Your logic criminals don’t follow laws = lets add more

I already showed you the number 99.99% of gun owners don’t break the law.

This comment was funny

when you have laws and criminals don’t follow them you can do something about it

This kid killed his mom(pretty sure that illegal) then stole some firearms(also illegal) went into a gun free zone(also illegal) then killed a bunch of people(no shit also illegal)

Weird

It’s less about “not wanting a law” to punish bad guys and more about responsible adults wanting to retain their rights. To the people suggesting they advocate “moderate” gun control, do you really think the US government is capable of doing ANYTHING moderate? I’m not anti-regulation but if we’re being honest, criminals do not fear consequence which reduces the impact our rules have on the targeted group. It’s the nature of the beast really, give up freedoms for a false sense of security…no thanks.

It’s more about this…

After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn’t do it.
William Burroughs

Uggh. I said I was done, but I can’t let an intelligent debate of logic go. :slight_smile:

The problem is with criminalizing a lesser offense that in and of itself isn’t a crime in order to prevent a greater offense that is already illegal. Show me another instance where that happens. While trying to think of something please keep in mind that intent to harm is a requirement to define something as a crime. Accidents are not illegal. Speed limits exist to prevent accidents. Nobody thinks that someone running from the cops will be caught because they won’t break a speed limit.

Show me another instance where the means to a crime is criminalized to prevent the crime.

For the record, I see absolutely no problem with having a national registry of every gun anyone purchases. In general I don’t like more government so I don’t like the idea and don’t want it to happen, but in specific I see no problem with this and wouldn’t get my boxers in a knot if it happened. Maybe it would help solve a couple of crimes or something, or if someone gets convicted of beating his girlfriend you could see that he’s supposed to have possession of a gun and go find and take it. I don’t particularly like it, but I can see some merit in it so why not?

https://youtu.be/-FVQgLkbLjQ

This depicts much of what is going on around the country on FB and forums. Look at Piers toss his arms up and go bezerk when he faces a challenger with facts he doesn’t like. Lolzy

I am now so angry. AARRGGGHHHHH. I want to punch him in the face.

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

My biggest concern with this is that the way the gun lobbyists work, this is just going to be a stepping stone. They will enact a 10 year ban on the sale of assault rifles. During that 10 years, they will work to try and make them outright illegal to own. I don’t want them having a list of households that have these guns so they can go door to door collecting them if this happens.

I truly believe that America will go through some hard times within my lifetime. I fear that our nation now has a “we are invincible” mindset, and all you need to do is take a look in the history books to see what happens to nations when that happens. Obviously people are going to call me nuts for thinking of this doomsday scenario, but you add another U.S. “great depression” into a world that hates us already, there is a huge possibility of domestic conflict.

Also, can you imagine what would happen if that “list” were to get into the hands of an invading enemy? Even more likely, what happens when “anonymous” hacks the database and publishes this list on the internet? Now criminals literally have a fucking shopping list of where to obtain assault rifles. Just take a look at the 96yo that was beat in his home in the city-- those criminals went there SHOPPING for guns.

Rifles are the least use firearm in the US for homicides. Lets ban them.

An invading enemy? :mamoru: Our military spending is more than 4 times that of China (#2 in the world) and 10 times that of Russia (#3 in the world). Nobody is landing on our shores. If we were invaded it would be under such chaos that there would be no orderly targeting of people on a list. Probably just lighting off nukes in our major cities yelling lalalallaalalalalala!

Sometimes I think the only thing worse than arguments for gun control are arguments against gun control. How about everyone just gives me their guns? We’ll rename the Niagara the Rubicon. I’ll be perpetual ruler and we’ll all live happily ever after?

so people who dont break the law are criminals?

how many rights are you willing to give up for “security”?

and my murder dog will eat everyones face off

Are you implying that you would like the government (say at the state level) install speed limiters of 65 mph on all cars? And then making the modding of cars illegal?

The funny thing is, the cars that I “speed” the most in are unregistered with little to no documentation of title transfer.

Court orders already install ignition breathalyzers for known DWI criminals.

registering guns is not “giving them up”

saying that guns should be registered is not implying the govt. should do anything to cars, I’m saying there is a reason both should be registered.

For Fry: criminalizing driving an unregistered car lessens the chance of all kinds of negative things, imagine a hit and run with no license plates.

Comparing anything about firearms to vehicles is not really the same thing. We have a given RIGHT to own firearms. There is nothing giving us the right to drive a vehicle.

Here are some fun facts for you… Clearly the Evil “Assault weapons” are to blame here.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2010/crime-in-the-u.s.-2010/tables/10shrtbl08.xls

Court orders already install ignition breathalyzers for known DWI criminals.

Yeah and I know someone personally who drove smashed for years and finally got caught. Did the whole court thing, had the device installed on his Escalade, and guess what? Still drives drunk, just in other peoples cars. I will not allow this any longer and he’s about to be making a hard choice here shortly.

What happens when someone hits me a stolen car? :lol:

the likelihood of the car being found goes up, along with who did it.

giving examples of times when car registration doesn’t work is pointless, they’d be times when gun registration would be also, doesn’t make is a bad idea.

Registering cars is a pretty solid analogy to registering guns. Neither one criminalizes ownership, both could help solve a crime afterwards. Both are intrusive but neither are the end of the freedom. I’ll give you that one. :tup:

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Oh you poor lost soul. You have the right to both. Rights don’t come from the government. Rights exist naturally and can only be taken away. The bill of rights doesn’t grant rights, it guarantees that they won’t be taken away. At least, it’s supposed to.

Can we all just live with the fact that people are going to kill, steal, rape, cheat and generally be bad people?

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Wait, let’s arm kindergartners.

Another thing for the 99.99% of legal gun owners can do that doesn’t end up making the US any safer :tup:

I’m not sure your aware of this but criminals already remove serial numbers from weapons :lol:

Next time we have a terrorist attack im interested to see the debate on the national fertilizer registry we MUST HAVE to make everyone safer.

Similar to the way we solved the meth issue in the US I can’t buy 2 boxes of sudafed and I need ID and the throw all my info into a database :lol:

Cool we made things more complicated for the 99% of law abiding citizens to prevent an extremely small group of criminals from breaking the law who still find ways to do it.