School Shooting in CT

As did actual mass killers 76% of the time. But gun control advocates won’t be inconvenienced by facts.

Clearly theblue didn’t read facts in post #671… Here they are again for you…

“of 769 homicides in New York State in 2011, only five were committed with rifles of any kind, according to the State Division of Criminal Justice Services.”

And based on your extensive gun knowledge you would say hey “let me strap on a 100rd beta mag to this AR15”

Not knowing how prone they’re to jamming like in that Aurora shooting.

You asked for a “better gun” they could go after, it was an either/or answer you were asking for.

I think theblue was trying to ask whats the best weapon for a mass shooting post a ban on all semi auto rifles.

So now scroll back up to my pump shotgun comment and watch how many shots you can fire off in under a min…

pump shotguns are the only guns I ever really used. I did a bunch of skeet shooting with 12 and 22s for my highschool (we were trying to get a competive team going again). I can’t see them being as easy to handle and aim in a scenario like a mass shooting. I don’t think a logical person would find them a better choice.

As for the AK I don’t see it as better, equal really with it’s own strengths. You really can’t nitpick your way out this. They’re the best kind of guns to use because of their military background and the same things that make the good for that make them good for this.

IMO close range, shotty hands down. Rifles can obviously be shot at close range but that’s not where they are ideal.

Since a “logical” person couldn’t come up with a better gun why do all rifles only make up 2-3% of gun crime in the US?

Why do rifles not out number handguns in mass shootings?

to that I would ask why doesn’t the military go with shotguns as much then? not as versatile, light, etc?

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

portability and concealability.

Effective distance of shotguns with buck shot vs a rifle that can shoot 500yds?

It’s easier to hit a moving target with a shot gun and its more likely to put someone down.
http://www.shootingillustrated.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/results1.jpg

you might be swaying me a little with this. Close range a shotgun will some real advantages. But will it overcome the number of shots you can get off with an AK/AR and a ton of 30+ magazines?

no way even a good person could get more shots off with the shotgun while having any real accuracy?

you dont need to be accurate with a shotgun, thats the beauty of it. military skirmishes are COMPLETELY different scenarios.

Less shots would be needed to incapacitate more people. You could also strap up several shotty, it’s not like these nutjobs only bring 1 piece.

I guess it depends how close and how clustered together the people are. the ability to keep moving and shooting at different things would go to the AK/AR I’m still thinking.

Actually, a Saiga shotgun has a removable mag, and that would probably be my choice.

Theblue, since you have limited experience shooting anything, Why don’t you come shoot with me? I will let you shoot a variety of shotguns and rifles, and after actually shooting them, you might see what we are talking about. It’s something that is very hard to explain if someone has limited experience with firearms. Hell I will even supply the $1 a round ammo, and come to Rochester if you have a spot…

If your shooting into a crowd what do you think is going to hit more people? 5inch spread of 9 .30 pellets or 1 .22 bullet?

Why wouldn’t you just drop the money on a semi auto MP5 or some submachine gun designed for close quarters fighting lol

Right on cue. School shooting. Shotgun.

1 student shot at high school in Taft, Calif.

‘We have a suspect in custody’

Updated: Thursday, 10 Jan 2013, 1:41 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 10 Jan 2013, 1:00 PM EST

TAFT, Calif. (AP) — A student was shot and wounded at a San Joaquin Valley high school Thursday and a suspect was taken into custody, officials said.

The shooting occurred about 9 a.m. at Taft Union High School, an oil and agricultural community about 120 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

The student who was shot was flown to a hospital in Bakersfield, said Ray Pruitt, spokesman for the Kern County Sheriff’s Department. There was no immediate word on the victim’s condition.

“We have a suspect in custody,” Pruitt said, adding that the person was believed to be a student.

Pruitt said it’s believed a shotgun was used in the attack.

I’ve wanted a converted Saiga 12 for quite some time. FU New York!
Blue, take him up on it…it’s fun stuff. :slight_smile:

I’ve never looked up the stats on the Saiga 12 (but I have at least heard of it). that’s pretty bad ass, must have some serious recoil.

I don’t know if I would call 4 years of competitive shooting that limited, but I did only use two 2 guns and it’s been a long time. Thanks for the offer, I honestly know a ton people around here who would let me go shooting and maybe when the weather gets nicer they’ll be a few good meet ups to shoot at stuff and I’m sure I can get you an invite.

:tup: to foureyed. great offer.

The worst part about the gun “controllers” is that 90% of them have never familiarized themselves with guns.