School Shooting in CT

Fuck me and my gun thread.

You sure about that?!?!?!?!

Better get one soon.

The problem is shooters like this guy are obviously just out for the biggest body count possible. If they were to lock down schools like Alcatraz, they’ll just move on to the next most populated location full of people guaranteed to post no resistance…like a nursing home, hospital, day care, or church in session…

How big can your problems be @ 20-something that you have to do this? Screw it, regardless of age. There is no problem large enough to warrant this shit.

What ever happened to the old days where you’d just jump off a bridge or shoot yourself in your bedroom?

if you do that no one knows/remembers…you’re close friends(you probably didn’t have any if you off’d yourself) and family are the only ones that remember those sorts of things long-term…a bridge jump or quiet suicide hit the local paper or evening news once and then the masses forget.

I’m on board with ya there. They reward the wrong things with kids today and let far too much bullshit slide.

They will be more strict if i had to guess. Add one more “bad item” to the list.

For those looking for answers, it is the perfect storm. imho. This guy had enough bad influence(and not enough good) AND the exact brain chemistry to cause this melt down.

If it’s not guns, it’ll be knives, baseball bats, glass shards, you name it.

These are all weapons, and people that make the decision to harm other human beings are going to obtain and use weapons no matter what laws or actions are taken.

It’s just unfortunate, this whole situation. Usually I’m numb to this kind of news, but 20 children with such opportunities and hope ahead of them? That’s a low point in society that I hope we never hit again.

Both of the accounts that I saw were created a while ago and one of them said mission accomplished with a link to the shooting lol. Either really tasteless orrrrrr… im reaching deep here lol.

Yeah there was far more going on beyond just being angry or hurt. There was a chemistry issue in his dome, no semi-sane human could do what was done here.

If the government could just find a way to add guns to the list of other issues it solved by banning them

Drugs, Terrorism, Pitbulls, Drunk driving, etc

We would all be better off :slight_smile:

Hell we banned drugs and then started a war on them spending over a trillion dollars since it started and now states are legalizing weed and the illegal drug market is doing just great(lol mexico)

I couldn’t imagine being one of the first responders to this and seeing that crime scene. Absolutely horrific. This is incredibly sad and my thoughts and prayers are with the victims and parents of the victims.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

What doesn’t make sense to me is if the kids mother was killed at their home there in Newtown, CT and she was a teacher at the elementary school and she wasn’t working today what would drive him to go there and kill 27 people?

and also a .223 Bushmaster, would have been a little tougher with a broomstick.

I’m not anti-gun, but let’s not say having an assult weapon didn’t help him.

No, you’re right, and I think alot of people are of the same mind. Over the years it’s not the weapons that have changed, it’s us. I never heard of this shit growing up and I remember if a kid got caught with a Swiss army pocket knife his biggest fear was reprisal fro his parents. I don’t know what’s causing this but it’s not video games, music, guns, or anything else. If people want to harm others, they’ll find a way, gun or no gun, assault rifle or no assault rifle.

i’m becoming a fan of witholding judgement until everything is out there… the story is still developing.

irrespective of what your ‘opinion’ is there is a clear correlation between the gun control / culture in the US vs. all other westernised nations and the per capita incidents of this nature.

that all being said, we added an alarm and video surveillance to our home in the last 2 months.

also, guns are cool.

No offense Bing but what “judgement” are you waiting for. This sick fuck killed children. Killed adults as well but innocent children?

I think the real reason is Velveeta.

I was one of the first on scene for the city grill shooting, and it was definitely not an easy thing to forget. It was straight out if a movie…people yelling and running around…no one had a clue what was going on. Glass everywhere, cops walking around with shotguns yelling at people. Was absolutely crazy.