Senior Citizen Charged with Growing Marijuana

The seven-foot high plant was growing on the front porch, in plain view of neighbors, in a large pot.

Last week, police seized it along with six others growing on the property of a Town of Evans home.

Officials say it was marijuana and the resident claimed she was growing it for medical reasons.

“She said she needs it to treat her arthritis and glaucoma,” said Capt. Charles Danzi.

The woman, identified at Barbara Ober, 62, is charged with misdemeanor growing and possessing marijuana.

Her family is furious.

“It seems to work for her,” said husband John Ober. “She doesn’t smoke a lot, but it does help her.”

13 states allow marijuana to be used for medicinal purposes. New York is not one of them.

There’s currently a bill under consideration in Albany that would allow people to purchase and grow marijuana with a doctor’s permission.

Ober’s family said it’s time for New York to legalize medical marijuana and reap the benefits of taxing the plant.

Law enforcement officials disagree.

It’s illegal for a reason," said Capt. Danzi. “People, when they smoke it, they do stupid things and they get hooked on it and they start stealing. No, any legalized drugs I don’t think it’s a good idea.”

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/56749147.html

:biglaugh:
While this is a funny story, it sucks that NY State is still spewing drug propaganda from the 1930’s. They must make cops watch Reefer Madness for training. I feel bad for her…

This is awesome. Lady just growing it on her porch. I’m sure she’s going to start stealing things now. Watch out for kleptograndma.

Hahahahaha. That cop is right- every time I smoke a bowl, I steal a car. And toilet paper.

argh nys

also dawn and pass mcgass suck eachother’s spike

In these situations I like to quote Bob Saget…

Marijuana’s not a drug! I used to suck dick for coke! Have you ever sucked dick for Marijuana?
:bowrofl:

wat.

The 3 of us have been posting in succession for the past hour. Shouldn’t you be in bed with your wife?

I would love to have a neighbor like her. Not that I smoke anymore, but that’s just bad ass!!!

OMG WE’RE ALL ONLINE AT THE SAME TIME. OMG.

you two are definitely smoking cheap cigarettes in a dirty buffalo motel room talking about how awesome it is to be “not tied down.”

FTR me and my fiance just took an awesome vacation to Oceancity, Maryland and to Baltimore to check out colleges. We rule, you drool.

Umm, congrats?

:gotme:

Hey Pass McGass, wanna hang out or something?

HAHAHA.

THX!

OMG yes. I’ll bring the jug wine and the condoms, but don’t worry, I poked holes in all of them.

I’ll bring the cheap cigarettes. And don’t forget the weed!

Back on topic:

I’d grow and smoke weed if I was her too. I’m not gonna go broke buying expensive drugs forced upon me by democrats that line their pockets with lobby money when I can smoke a 5 sack and have way better results.

Fuck NYS, it’s her life. STAY THE FUCK OUT OF IT!!

although i pretty much despise illegal drugs… I feel bad for this lady.

Oh god. Did anyone watch the video? Their house is ssoooo trashy. Haha. And the husband said “She DON’T smoke a lot.” in the vid.

^ exactly what i was thinking… theyre lucky it was just a small possession charge…

imagine what they could have done to them.

littering and…littering and…littering and…

smoking the reefer.

You know that #1 Big Pharma is 100% Republican, #2 the Democrats want to legalize weed, and #3 all the lobby money is going to the Republicans, right? Idiot.