Sentencing (court)

well I finally got that shit taken care of involving my old Firebird (now Chokos) where I ended up with 3 class A misdemeanors

Last time I went my attorney said the DA was persuing a ACD but had to run my record and talk to the cops

Fine whatever

so tonight I go back and the sheriff talks to the DA and my attorney comes out and gives me 2 options

1- Take a 3 point speeding ticket, pay the fine, take the points and 6 months of ACD

2- plead guilty to disorderly conduct (violation) and pay the fine, 6 months ACD

I had about 2 mins to think it over, my license is clean but I got a ticket back in May and did the driving class so I am not eligable for the next 13 months to do it again

NYS charges you a $250 yearly surcharge for 3yrs once you hit 6 points

Basically I said fuck it and took the disorderly and the ACD, then the judge tells me the surcharge is $100 and the going rate for disorderlies is $250, I almost fell on the fucking floor, but he said he would charge me the surcharge and $50

Better but its still $150 that could be put to better uses

Glad its done, now I have to behave for 6 months and hope my employer (NYS) dosent fire me over it since I am on probation for my first year with them

story?

i took the driving class 3 times one year. got two tickets 2 weeks apart. one for speeding in amherst and one for a speeding in tonawnada.

went to school for both.

then i went to school for my insurance company to get my discount

:word:

Who cares? You obviously did something all sorts of fucking stupid and are bragging/bitching about the breaks you were given. Fuck off. :slight_smile:

I took two guys (potential buyers) for a ride in my car and stalled it up and when I launched it the Mickeys didnt hook well as they were cold and it left about 15’ of rubber on a side street

I never broke 40mph in a 35 but as anyone who has seen the car can attest it is VERY loud

some ass hat saw/heard it and called the cops

the cops who dont like me showed up at my house and started making accusations like I was doing 100mph and this and that and kept demanding me to go in and get my license (I admited to nothing, not even operation of the vehicle), I was scared because I am on probation at work but after discussing stuff with the cops they stated they just needed the info for a police report but I was not getting any charges

I said ok and as I went to go into my house the officer without saying anything attempted to enter behind me, I asked very nicely that he wait outside to which I was grabbed from behind, thrown down my steps, taken down in my yard (to which I voluntarily let my legs buckle and go down) by two cops and was then sat on with a knee in my neck as I stated over and over in a calm tone “I am not resisting, I am attempting to comply with your orders”

I was stripped of my shoes, thrown in a squad car and arraigned before the judge

Reckless driving, obstruction of govermental administration and resisting arrest

and believe it if you want or not I dont give a fuck but I was compliant with the police, polite, never rose my voice, never swore, simply was trying to gather information as to what I was being accused of

Don’t mind fry, he’s had sand in his vagina ever since biker was dropped from his name. :wink:

sounds like my 21rst birthday, not gunna get into the story but…

It resulted in 50 hours community service $300 in fines and an ACD for 6 months, FYI I was the one that called the cops for once. Didn’t help when the one that showed up was one I put in the hospital a few years back for running his mouth.

ive been to school 2 times this year and hopefully gonna be going a 3rd time will find out on friday… ( the 1st school was for a ticket in november of last year adn went to school in jan)

meh, rack it up to a learning experience. thats what i did :slight_smile:

^^^i thought you were fucked.

when i was 18 i went to school 9 times in a one year period…

the DA never once looked up to see if i was lying when i told him i havent been to school in 36 months or whatever. It sucks, but i kept my license by little white lies

And i have no sympathy for the “thrown down the stairs and mauled by police” which is most likey exaggerated. Shit ask Dex what happens if i look at a cop wrong…

GL with the job situation though, that would royally blow if this fucks it up…

[quote=Shrives;717293]

And i have no sympathy for the “thrown down the stairs and mauled by police” which is most likey exaggerated. Shit ask Dex what happens if i look at a cop wrong…

quote]

I have 3 people who saw it first hand who will back me 100%

meh either way it doesn’t really mean shit. There’s a grey area that police like to flirt with, and there’s nothing you can really do about it but take it…

yeah I know, next time I think I will resist and obstruct at least get my moneys worth

Just think, if you werent assclowning none of this would have happened

What jurisdiction? It’s interesting how my attitude toward the cops has changed over the years. I was brought up to respect authority and with the idea that a cop was always right and they were there to “protect and serve”. With the passing years, I now know how corrupt and inept many police are. They are a necessary evil, at best. The thing is, they really can’t protect us except in the sense of deterence by solving crime after it occurs. But when you try to protect yourself (in a state like NY) “they” make it very difficult.

Sounds like you got boned. The burnout was immature and uncalled for, but the way you were treated and punished is just wrong.

Should of gotten a good lawyer, if the story as you have told it is true.

I did I spent $500

The cop pushed so hard though the DA had to give me something

I could have taken it to trail however, it would A-
Cost me $500 more for the lawyer

B- drug out longer and required me taking more time off of work since I work 3-11

and C- I ran the risk of being convicted on 3 class A misdemeanors and then I pretty much could kiss my job goodbye as well as getting points on my license

Like I said the burnout wasnt intentional I was trying to demonstrate 60’ time with the 4000rpm stall and it just didnt hook well, it usually NEVER left rubber with the Mickey Thompsons on it but I didnt heat em first

meh you win some you lose some.