SG Customer Appreciation Day Wrap Up

Thanks to everyone that came out to the SG Customer Appreciation Day on June 21st!

The sun was shining and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky for the June event! It was great to see many familiar faces come out as well as some new ones! There was lots going on around the shop this day.

Kelsey the 350Z racecar was posing on the laser alignment rack, there were engines on stands all lined up for viewing behind the endless amounts of food for everyone who came out, and of course a Gran Turismo Time Attack setup in the lounge!

The results of the time attack are the following:

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Circuit: Eiger Nordwand (forward)
Car: 2007 BMW M3

The rules were:
-Manual Gearbox (paddles only)
-Professional Handling Physics
-No Assists
-Best of 3 laps

Name: Time:
Cammer 1’16.716
Roy 1’16.983
Keezy 1’18.906
Newstar31 1’21.488
Bingzors 1’23.994
James S 1’26.334
Chris (S1DC) 1’26.659

Thanks again for all who came out and don’t miss the next one in late August or early September!

I cant believe I missed that! stupid family thing. definatly NOT missing the next one!

awesome

i love the food and motors picture.
:smiley:

Damn, I didn’t know you were having a GT5 time attack!

That’s a typical lunch day at SG

Next time you have to hold a drifting competition too!

Damnnn!

I would have murdered in GT!

Next time… haha

OMG I should’ve gone, completely forgot about it.

I think I pulled off a 1:18.*** with the M3 with no assists, professional physics, MT while using my Logitech DFP. :slight_smile: Can’t remember though…that’s a bitch of a course, so many understeer inducing alternating bends. lol

I’ll try again and try to beat Cammer, holy shit that’s an amazing time.

Sorry for the double post (no edit), but I just the realized the beauty of the picture with the food, and all the engines on the stands in the background.

It brought a tear to my eye. lol

It was a super fun day, not a huge meet so it was very personal and I got to talk to almost everyone. More people need to do the GT5 time attack next time, it was super fun and everyone that did it enjoyed themselves.

The 3 lap limit makes it very even, perhaps next time we will allow practice with the same car on a different track, and then have the time attack start later, so people that aren’t famillier with the car or game can get used to it!

Cam and I went back and fourth after a few laps I was down to a 1’14 something iirc, perhaps 1’13!

I’m in for GT5 for sure. Next time some drifting too!

Anyone have any high scores for the Eiger, in reverse? Right now I’m ranked 60th…

thats right, 1’18 loool. Danno rocked the best time.

What were the tire requirements?

Just managed a 1’14.514 with S2’s and driving manual w/ G25…still far away from the record (1’11.389) :frowning:

Attempting to beat the record is just silly. lolll

Btw, try playing Richard Burns Rally…its epic. Way more realistic than the gran turismo series. It’s on ps2 though, so you need a backwards compatible PS3 (if it has 4 USB ports at the front, you’re good to go).

Or you can hook up your rig to a PC. :slight_smile:

Ya I have Richard Burns Rally, played that long before I got into Gran Turismo.

^I finally beat Pirka Menoko in the Richard Burns Challenge, that rally stage in Japan, the one in the green forest with mud and rain all over the place. It makes the Nordschleife Nurburgring look like an oval circuit. lol

It felt like one of the biggest accomplishments in my life.

Haha ya I remember that track…haven’t played the game in a while…doesn’t support 900 degrees or the clutch with the G25 when using it with a PC.

Just ranked 37th for drifting in the 350z on Eiger, reverse. 2nd highest score in Canada :slight_smile: