Shifter kart action

Hey Guys this is from a little demo i did this past saturday in bramptons powerade centre, im currently running in a couple series in ontario and will be participating in the sunoco ron fellows karting championship next year, and will catch the remaining 2 races this year.

specs are:

Tm k9b motor, blue printer 2 stroke water cooled.
max rev 16,000rpm
6 speed sequencial gearbox
runs on c12(110 octane)

pic in action minus suit.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1264/1178152919_472276f92d.jpg

cell phone vid.

That thing is retardedly fast…hahaha…I love it.

damn that’s fast

wow that is shocking how fast those things can really get going dam man

this is the highest form of karting it called ICC or inter continental C. i can gear the kart up according to each track, i can get it up to 240km/h +, does 0 to 100km/h in less than 3 seconds.

Most F1 drivers practice on these in the off season, actually schumacher and couple other are in a league this fall running these.

cornering you can expect over 3’gs.

pretty much as intense as it gets.

Oh yeah drifting for you nissan boys is made easier cause of the solid axle, mind you when i have the super soft slicks on it on the track there is no drifting just pure traction.

amazing

how do you get into this type of karting?

schools? licenses?

looks awesome

Kart value?

$8000+ for a used well working kart… ?

As any form of professional racing you will needs lots of money.

Best bet is to get into a karting league both hamilton and goodwood have a rookie series.

you will need alteast 1 season of club racing experience to be eligible for a national license. ASNCanada is the governing body over this.

schools, well there is some classes you can take with pro drivers that will show you the ropes.

But the biggest factor is experience time and money.

Currently i have well over 18+ grand into this kart+ trailer plus consumables.

Visit www.asncanada.com go under kartsport. for rules and information

www.cameronmotorsports.com in hamilton
www.goodwoodkartways.com north of toronto.

both places race pro and have arrive and drive programs.

The class that i race which is formula Senior, you cant just get into it. as the experience is very demanding since it is such a fast paced fast speed sport but mainly your body will get destroyed. the g forces and physical endurance needed for once of these is same to the most fit athletes in the world.

^^ i totally agree

with 3gs of force onto your body you basically are a top athlete training your body and mind to help you endure long or short races. definetly not easy.

i was more interested in the information of the beginner leauges where you are using the organizations kart and just paying license fees and the fee for track and equipment time.

just something curious to look into, thanks for the info.

yeah your best bet is the rookie series both facilities offer. you pretty much arrive and drive. and pay. when i did the rookie series a couple years back it was a total of about 800 bucks for the whole season, mind you that was brocken up per race so you actually payed like 50 bucks each time you showed up so it added up to 800.

the karts they use are pretty good they sure will be fun and will teach you alot about driving and response time, and so on.

good luck.