Shipped a RX7 from Japan

Hi All, I mentioned in older posts that I imported a 1998 Mazda RX7 which departed from Japan today. The dealer is suppose to send me all the document and the transfer of ownership by the 20th of June does any one know what kind of documents I should be expecting.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1158/53402952.jpg

Thanks

Bill of sale,
Export certificate,
English translation of export certificate,
Bill of lading.

So your on the june20- July 4 boat to eh?

Thanks man

I am on the july boat. are you getting a car imported?

Birth certificate

NO :slight_smile:

I am importing my 2nd car from Japan, yes.

1998 Nissan Skyline R34 2.5GTT sedan athletic silver triptronic rwd

Sweet ride bro hope to see it some day. I emailed the dealer today…they said they will send me all the documents this week. then I wait.

Oh btw which insurance company do you use, I’ve been looking at some and they’re expensive on right hand drives.

Yes in gta and Ontario we pay far to much.
The majority use “facility”

Some with grandfathered policies ( and multiple cars, and a house)
Have special insurance , like lant.
Which is no longer accepting RHD, for the most part

It’s a pay to play province.

WOW sounds like its gonna be harder than I thought to find one. how about brokers are they able to find anything

HahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaHhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahHahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaHhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahHahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaHhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahHahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaHhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah

Short answer no

LOL WTF

Brokers are bigger thrives then the direct insurance providers
They do the same thing but add there fees
And if they make a mistake and your not properly insured they blame you
Like you wrote the policy yourself.

My previous broker is playing the broken telephone game as we speak
It’s been in the courts since 2011

Umm brokers get paid by the insurer not you, if the insurer directly insures you they still charge the same, only no broker gets a cut… as for disputes, the broker isn’t the one issuing the policy, you have to deal with the insurer directly, if they find out your broker isn’t doing their thing, they will apply pressure or even drop them from their list of brokers

I went through a broker a while back when i had my S14 and the guy was alright he found me pretty decent insurance. I am not so sure if they do skim of the top because in the end your money is going to the insurer directly, then he or she get a percentage from them. Guess you picked player IMPUL, that’s suck man

Oh ya the worst part is chambers insurance professials used optimum insurance group.
The only non-federally accredited provider in Ontario which is based out of Quebec.

I bumped up my coverage on my second car that was comp only. Then sold the 1 st car
And removed the 1st car from the policy. But they didn’t applied the changes. I was told they did.

A week later I was hit in Toronto. The op accepted fault offered to pay but, was unable to at the time.
So we exchanged info and left. She changes her story, calls me and tells me shell pay for her damage
I should pay for my own. I laugh .
After my broker and insurance sends up the appraiser, over a week into the claim My broker realized her mistake.

I’m then Informed my policy may not have been active for liability at the time.

Fail.
So the sneeky paralegal files but doesn’t serve me and wins by default judgement
Fail.

Defence and defendants claim filed!

Fingers crossed its me vs op w/ legal, broker w/ legal, and insurance w/ legal.

What a mess!
I’ll only use a insurance provider that send my immediate coverage with proof.
Not a brokers temp slip.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Sorry for thread jack

Beautiful rx-7 man!

thats crazy bro…sorry to say it but you got fuked over man, its like they planed it out to screw you over lol.

Thanks man

The default judgement ? , yea it seems deliberate if it wasn’t for them adding the expenses I wouldn’t have been able to appeal as the the original judgement was under $2500.00
Once they added the legal it was over and I was thankfully able to ole a motion.
Granted.
Filed defence the same week.
You guys should see the defence the brokers filed.
They say we discussed the switching of the policy and they presumed it was the second car
But that I did not specify when where what and why of the policy…
When I did, ad nauseum. It like she was distracted or something.

Anyways yea my cars coming soon I’m waiting on confirmation right now.

IMPUL - that’s why all insurance brokers/agents of all types have E&O insurance too, so if for any reason they screw up some paperwork by error or omission, their liability is covered… they do screw up regularly

Yes I’m going after them for indemnity and contribution.
It still has left me dealing with this and rediculous rates until its finished.
Which will be soon, hopefully.

Ok I just received

Bill of sale (which I already had previously)
Japanese export certificate (Received)
English translation of export certificate (Received)
Bill of lading (received)

All the information is correct on them.

how about some kind of transfer of ownership? are they suppose to send me something like that?