Shop prices

So try as I might, I couldnt get the motor mount bolts off. How much would a shop charge to take off 2 nuts under the car?

all depends if they have to cut it or whatnot. for 2 bolts i wouldnt think they’d charge at all.

Dan, did you strip them?

Anyhow give me a call, I might be able to come over and rip em off for ya.

yeah, IIRC the bottom side of the motor mount bolts require partial removal of the LCA nuts and push teh exposed bolts in a little in order to get a socket on there STRAIGHT.

otherwise the socket is crooked and then strips…

have solved this problem for someone else, after they succesfully stripped them. I think in my case it took almost an hour…

Just use a universal/swivel extension. Their abit tricky, but its doable.

^^^ a universal and an extension is all that is needed.

Impact hammer and a bottle of whiskey.

mastercraft gear wrench! if its been on since factory this may not work then… gl

Dave :stuck_out_tongue:
Also the pushing bolts in is a good idea. They arent stripped at all yet. The impact wrench (electric) wouldnt budge either of em. It just kept hammering away. I’ll give you a call after the weekend Dylan.

The tranny mount made a big difference in shift feel so I can only imagine how rotted my motor mounts are and how much nicer the car will feel with em in.

My current alternative is to drill the studs/nuts out. Good or bad idea?

^ I think I used a dremel and a 1" cutting disc for the exhuast side… and a swazall for the intake side… after someone else stripped them…
^not my car

How’d you get a sawzall in there?

^above the crossmember,

and it was mid engine swap, so most of the engine bay was laying in the guys garage