URGENT HELP NEEDED: NEED IMPACT WRENCH ASAP!

Im stuck with 2 bolts on my trans, my impact gun wont touch them… its an older craftsman that has seen better days… does anybody have a good one i can borrow for the rest of the day?

Please call my cell 716.316.3676

breaker bar?

breaker bar and 20ft of extensions. i love bmw’s.lol

im trying to get the top bolts off the trans… no way that i can think of to get a breaker bar in there… at least easily… i already am working with ~ 40" of extensions even to just reach them with the impact

I have a pretty good IR that might work for ya. Pm me if you want to try it.

AGAIN? Lol Buy a decent one already.

I sent the wifey for a 625lb on, we shall see, if Not I’ll get the ir 2125 1000lb one

buy one that your compressor can run, if it doesnt do the job return it

Wish I saw this sooner the store is locked with mine in it and I can’t deactivate the alarm till 8am. Oil you’re gun usually will get some pressure out. I have a few 3ft extensions at home if you want to try them.

I’m all set with the bolts, I dabbed up an extension to my breaker bar and got them out, now Ican only get the trans about an inch off the engine, ugh I dunno why I do this

you will probably need to lift the front of the motor to point the rear down. This is how i do mine. other wise the fire wall and stuff get in the way of the tranny coming off.

yea, thought about that, lookign into it, right now i saw that the trans was scraping on the 02 sensors on my headers… so i just pulled the rear header to give it ub3r clearance on that…

now ill keep trying… again… :picard:

So is it all worth not having a shop do this?

Good luck to captain pie cut :picard:, should’ve stuck to modding tiburons

^ :lol: I remember that.

It’s off, was stuck on the starter, which I thought didn’t need to come out, oh well lesson learned, the stock clutch was toast after 100k

props for going at it yourself regardless

Good stuff. Buy a big boy impact now.

a shop would have charged me about 1000 bux, as it is I’m in about 12 hours so I have saved roughly 80 an hour,so yea it’s worth it, the experience is good 2