Should i do a front mount ????

im not even getting into this., ive battled about these cars long enough… do what you want. good luck!

lol. k03 is for the awd motor and i think b5 cars aswell, not quite sure. k03s is 01.5+

mk not arguing ha …learning . I just thought id ask …

the more info i get the more i learn !!! :+1

i didnt say that, but im just not getting into it, do what i did, and read the forums, dont make silly posts, do searches, and read the threads pertaining to your topic of interst. there is alot of info out there, you just have to find it.

i am im searching all over vwvortex on past threads and for the most part its 50/50 . .so i just thought id ask the local dubbers what they thought

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4022641...thats my link

Please do not buy a front mount.

BFI sidemount FTW. That’s what I’m getting for my car, if you care.

::slight_smile:

Not if YOU care Matt. :lol

:mwahaha

I can’t talk. My intercooler looks like a side mount :lol

Thats bullshit…I run the apr chip with the 93 -100 settings. I run at the track all the time and have NEVER heat soaked the cooler. Thats just absurd…unless you idle for 10 minutes or something before you run.
Not like you’ll even take this into consideration though…but then again people always have to learn the hard way, by making mistakes- try to learn from us old dudes who NEVER go on the vortex. Thats why the info there is complete nonsense…everyone giving it is 18 years old.

ha yea 1st gen …so would you go with the black forest side mount or just keep it oem?

Just leave it alone entirely until you upgrade your turbo. You’re just blowing your money.

uhh ok ill just leave it alone… just buy a race j n75 with the money i get when i sell the piping :confused

you want to know about heatsoak issues, my car is a prime example of it. GT3071R, stock smic.= heatsoak. its not entirely by choice, but because im very picky on what i want, and my original intercooler design is what the kit is based around. ive got all winter to devise a plan, im in no rush for it… heres a little comparison for you

my GTi mods VS a full modded 04 GLI
i had Revo stage 2 flash(550$), 4bar fpr(50$)(chip called for it),(came with car) stock airbox, 40$ N75 race, 100$ 3inch downpipe, 350$ 2.5inch cat back

his gli

GIAC X+, EVOMS Vflow, 3inch turboback GHL exhaust, ABD intake manifold, ABD FMIC. we raced from a 60mph roll and i WALKED AWAY FROM HIM… all that work and money he spent, and i had about 1100$ worth of mods and i destroyed his car… choose your parts and mods wisely, dont buy something you think will work and because its cheap… if you have any plans of going to a turbo larger than a k04 ever, i wouldnt waste the money on it just yet… thats just me.

k… thanks brett… staying away from it now

i wish i still had a k03, they feel so fast with a chip… all that torque right away…