Sightings Thread

I got yanked for this on sunday. First dick bag asks me to hit the gas, I bumped it like 200rpm, and he said yep not legal. I said whats not legal, it has a muffler and a cat, and as you can see its been inspected. He said you cant change anything on a car that doesnt come from the factory. I LOL’d and told him, this doesnt even have the factory engine, hense the NVRSTOCK lic.

I ended up getting the ticket. But thye never took out a db meter, and never looked under the car. I asked the cop when he came back what the law stated, he said “I already told you what it says, you cant replace the factory exhaust” i said, I am sure that there is much more to the wording than that, please explaine exactly what is illegal right now. He told me to ask the DA, I told him I already texted the DA while I was sitting here! He goes I am sorry I ruined your day, I go, ohh no you didnt ruin my day dont pat yourself on the back, and you sir, have a good day. i started the car back up and rolled the window up.

FN… whats the deal with this? I read the law, it says you cant alter the factory exhaust system so that it doesnt increase the noise. so yeah I am wrong, but if they didnt read it on a db meter, how can they prove it is louder than the factory exhaust in court? I sure as hell wont be driving the jetta to court, so do I have a case?