skyline laws

You scared bro?

I’ve never heard more bitchassness in my life.

Who cares if its illegal. That makes me want one EVEN more. Officer Joe B. isn’t gonna search your car for a vin plate. Insurance adjuster Kathy C. isn’t gonna have a fucking clue she is looking at a illegal skyline. It’s all part of the game. Risk is worth the reward.

“I’m so smart, just listen to me”

Confidence is food for the wise man, but liquor for the fool.

There is a way around anything…the dude in Florida obviously knows what he is doing.

On a side note. I can’t tell you the things I wound do for this car…I can’t tell you because it would either be illegal or gay.

OH HAI 2 YOU.

not a law expert at all, but i do probably know more about laws then most people on this forum since it is a huge hobby of mine to the point where i’m pursuing a carrer in it. i’m also a huge fan of skylines so i read up on everything that was happening with motorex/seizures of cars/etc.

BAM.

Pot, meet kettle. Keep bench racing for everyone on the Nisky Lot page.

Well, thank you for providing proof that you can’t fix stupid.

You dopes don’t even realize I’m not arguing that it can’t be registered an insured. I’m arguing with facts that the car is federally illegal. They are banned from further import. Most states, such as Florida, Arizona, Vermont, and a few others don’t care what you register there. That doesn’t mean they are federally legal. Look up state legal vs. federally legal Skylines. I couldn’t care less if you want the car more because it’s illegal. You have more disposable income than I do if you don’t care about your assets (the car) being seized and crushed without any financial reimbursement.

But what do I know. I mean I’d definitely take the advice from someone who read something some guy posted online over the advice of someone that’s owned two and was an active member of the community.

What can’t we do here in Vermont?

Marry our second cousins, own fully automatic weapons, legally be nude in public, and the list goes on.

Federal law sets a level which all 50 states have to observe and comply with. If each state chooses to have a more restrictive law than put into effect by the Federal level, they may do so. However having a LESS restrictive law than what is set by the Federal government is not legal.

It doesn’t matter if your state says its legal, if its not on a federal level there’s no way around it.

Cossey can clarify but I believe even all R33’s from MotoRex aren’t legal. Wasn’t your R33 THE LAST R33 MotoRex GTR pardoned by the US government, Cossey?

I think what everyone is trying to say is that they’re not legal even if they do have a plate and insurance. If you’re registering a 1995 GTR as a 1995 240SX, guess what? IT’S NOT LEGAL.

I would love to own a 2001+ DC5 Integra Type R but there are only a few ports you can import cars to and last I looked one was Florida and the other was Canada. I think I read the engine and chassis had to be in seperate containers and there were a ton of other restrictions to make it a bigger hassle than it was worth.

not legal not worth it either …

Bingo. My R33 was the very last Skyline imported by MotorEx. Didn’t even have a regular VIN like most others because it was just kinda swept under the rug. I still have the paperwork from it from NHTSA/DOT’s investigators stating the legality which I had to scan and send to DMV, Progressive, and even eBay when I sold it. If I recall, 96-98 were the only ones that should’ve been legal due to those being the only ones crash tested, though they still didn’t have OBDII and most were imported as 1995 models for that reason. Mine was actually a 96.

There’s a big reason you see prices vary so much on R33s. The $15-20k ones are “state legal” therefore illegal. MotorEx cars fetch double that at the minimum.

HOLY SHIT there are a bunch of ignorant people in this thread, and I’m not referring to cossey, elliot, or jim :rofl

Lol bench racing.

If Your white and own a gtr in the u.s. your gay.

Driving a right hand drive car in the u.s. isn’t cool unless your getting paid(aka a mailman)…

Adding gtrs to the list of shit that isn’t cool on shift till they are banned…

So far we got;

Twinkies
Ar15’s
Gtr’s

:rofl

this thread is going places now. lmao.

i actually almost bought an r32 gts-t from vermont when i still had my mr2, thought it would make a good daily :lol this was also before all the shit hit the fan.

not saying ur wrong, but how is pot legal in CO then?

Pot is not legal in CO, according to the Federal Govt anyway

The feds just arent after it…

but it was all over the news that it was? and if the feds arent after it then doesnt that mean that the individual state got its way, a way in which state law is less strict then federal law? I’d think federal law would care more about pot then a nissan