skyline laws

From what I understand, a Colorado State Police officer will not bust you for having pot on you. If for some reason a DEA agent is there, he can bust you. It’s just not something that’s top priority for the DEA, as they tend to focus more on the import/export side of things rather than the dudes selling ounces of pot.

a cop wont bust you in almost any state for a small quantity of pot, i dont smoke but friends do and theyve been cought with up to an ounce of pot and didnt even get a ticket… What i meant was it actually being legalized, not just tolerant… a link below confirms it ACTUALLY being legal in CO.

Here’s a link to the federal government’s website which state’s it’s a controlled substance and illegal:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/ondcp/federal-laws-pertaining-to-marijuana

Department of Justice Guidelines:
The Department of Justice (DOJ) issued guidance for Federal prosecutors in states that have enacted laws authorizing the medical use of marijuana under state law. The guidelines explain that it is likely not an efficient use of federal resources to focus enforcement efforts on individuals with serious illnesses who use marijuana as part of a recommended treatment regimen consistent with applicable state law or their individual non-commercial caregiver. However, persons who are in the business of cultivating, selling, or distributing marijuana, and those who knowingly facilitate such activities, are in violation of Federal law, and are subject to Federal enforcement action, including potential prosecution.

What that says is pretty much to not bother the people who have a medical use for it in states which have “legalized” it. But if it’s not medical use, to arrest and prosecute.

right, i completely understand that… im responding to killerblackbirds comment which SEEMS to be incorrect from the link ive posted…

"Federal law sets a level which all 50 states have to observe and comply with. If each state chooses to have a more restrictive law than put into effect by the Federal level, they may do so. However having a LESS restrictive law than what is set by the Federal government is not legal.

It doesn’t matter if your state says its legal, if its not on a federal level there’s no way around it. "

Colorado seems to have a LESS restrictive law then set by the federal goverment and seem to be getting away with it is all i was getting at… if they have the power to legalize pot i dont understand why a single state couldnt allow a skyline.

A state can make anything legal it wants to, but if it goes against a federal ruling whether it be a court case, law, etc… it would not be legal as some may hope. As I said, state police won’t enforce the federal laws, and federal police won’t enforce state laws. They each enforce their respective law set, so state enforce state laws (meaning they won’t arrest you for pot in CO), and federal enforce federal laws (meaning they will arrest you for pot in CO).

soo, I was looking on the business section of craigslist the other day and this guy needed a half partner, $25,000 buy in for a pot growing dipensery in CO… Say he goes through with it, grows like a street value of ehh $250k worth of pot… State law its 100% fine, but if the feds want to end this dudes life they can? lol… WTF is the sense of being able to call it legal then!?

Yes. If the Feds want to, they can enforce the federal law and fuck anyone and everyone over who violates federal law. State law doesn’t mean shit if there is a stronger federal law in the way. All it takes is one federal agent to buy pot from a dispensary and your “legal” operation now faces federal drug charges.

A64 allows adults 21 and older to purchase up to one ounce of marijuana from specialty marijuana dispensaries and grow up to six marijuana plants in their homes. Possession is limited to up to an ounce for personal use, but selling marijuana without a license, purchasing marijuana from a party who is not licensed as well as public use of marijuana will remain illegal.

We’re a little off topic here, but what Cossey and KBB are saying is correct when it comes to state v. federal laws in the case of pot. (I defer all Skyline related Q’s to Cossey as he clearly knows what he’s talking about. I don’t know dick about importing a car but I’ve been working with a CO dispensary who’s interested in doing business in NY in the future.)

The feds are essentially turning the other cheek when it comes to pot in Colorado, and they aren’t alone. 16 states and D.C. allow for medical marijuana, which the federal government still classifies as illegal use. To use pot as a comparison, it may be ok to buy it and use it according to CO state law, but you can’t take it across the border to Idaho and use it there because it’s now illegal where you are. The same goes for buying a Skyline in Florida and bringing it to NY. Just because Florida regulations are lax doesn’t mean other states are as well, and you still have to worry about the feds.

Many of the larger, more profitable dispensaries in CO are having a lot of problems with what they do with their money now. Federally chartered banks won’t take it or let them do business there once they find out where the money comes from because they don’t want to get hit with money laundering charges. Same goes for credit card companies, many of which won’t do business with them. A lot of places are going cash only but then they have tens of thousands of dollars hanging around in just cash. It’s becoming a larger and larger problem out there as business grows.

/\ add to that, any documentary you watch on TV about dispensaries and the owners are always paranoid as fuck about being shut down.

If it was legal on a federal level, I would apply/pay for a license to grow. I’m not a user and have no interest in using, but I have no issue with it being legal with some restrictions (like alcohol). Same for Skylines.

Seems to me like the government should have more to worry about than weed and Nissans but thats the way it works I guess.

Guns, GTRs, weed, and money.
That’s what the US Goverment is all about.

With the window cracked, holla back money ain’t a thang.

you do realize that the government isn’t just 2 people sitting there doing things right? the government is huge. plenty of people that can worry about that.

and we will see if the feds leave colorado and washington alone one weed, they sure as hell haven’t left california alone even though they said they would.

part of the problem right there :number1

easy solution to the fiscal cliff! fire government workers that waste out time sitting around doing nothing of importance!!!

A-OH! High five!

Jigga i dont like it if it dont gleam clean.

God do I miss 1999 sometimes.

Hopefully the fiscal cliff situation eases tension on the gun law stuff. Fiscal cliff affects everyone, gun laws affect not nearly as many.

Twinkies, ar-15s, gtr’s

That’s some Rick Ross shit right there.

I LUD ME MAH TWINKIEZ, AR’zz, AND DEM GEE TEE ARREZZZ, WHOOOOOOOP.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8204/8195317661_dc9769e644_o.jpg