Sleepy eyed

So I’m wondering, I want to keep everything in the sleepy eyed position but the problem is if I drive in the night the headlights are pointed down so that’s not very safe…is there any way I can adjust the headlamps to tilt forward so it’s useable during the night? I know of the sleepy eyed mods where you cut some wires or take out fuses, I just took out the fuse and manually adjust them so would anyone know?

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/193789

i’m at work right now so i don’t have time to read through it all but i do believe thats the lit sleepy eye with switch so you can have you headlights up when the switch is off and headlights in sleepy mode when the switch is activated

2003 called, they want their sleepy eyes back… :lol:

haha. you can cut the brown wire on the flip up button (never worked properly on my 240 though). or take the covers off the light motors and adjust them manually.

which is a pain cause as soon as you turn ur lights on then you have to reset them again

I saw that article on that page already…what I’m trying to do is actually making it permanent…I saw some rectangular Piaa HID driving lights, just gotta’ get the dimension and probably try to make a mountain bracket so it’ll shine straight because even if I find a way to angle the headlights straight the brighter part of headlight will be cut off by the bumper…so that’s not very safe to drive in the dark…

ya know I think I had seen a kit like that before. This was a couple years ago. It’s the whole light assembly but the inside is made to face the headlights straight while in sleepy eye mode. I will see if I can find it again!

with some cars the headlamp stays in a fully upright forward position as the headlight cover opens or retracts. With an S13 the headlamp is not independant so it pivots with the cover and you do not always have a fully forward lighting position. With some other cars like a miata/talon/fiero to name a few, you can have the cover in the half open position and the lamp will still be facing relatively forward.

You will need to fix the position of the cover to a certain angle and buy an aftermarket 180sx/240sx lighting kit that will keep the lamp position fixed or else it is kind of dangerous driving with your lights pointed at the ground to look cool.

yah i think i remember 1g talon headlights stay forward all the time :slight_smile:

yes they do …

how I know that I dont recall :roll:

You need something like this:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a32/snatchmasterflex/c5_1.jpg