Small rust spot removal?

Get the job done:

just rearend somebody

carbon fiber hood, paul walker style yo!

Negative to all three of those!!! :ahh

PM’d you back with est.

No way do you need to cut out that patch of rust sand to bare clean metal and repair.

from the looks of it there is a crack already formed in the rust. and $50 says if you open the hood there is rust in the other side too. meaning it went right through.

Not to mention if you grind away the rust to find clean metal, your taking 16ga or less sheetmetal down to much less. And you never get all the rust out fo the pits in the metal, and chemical rust removal/sealant is not allways the best.

cut remove tack grind fill paint.

chances are also the spot where the rust is you wont be able to see that back side of that part of the hood due to the hood support(skeleton that give the hood strength) so in turn your just going to be cutting shit up that doesn’t need to be cut up. I went to school for this shit YO!

this is exactly what you’ll be doing to the 2 rust spots on the MR2 :thumbup:thumbup

i also have to talk to you about welding a U shaped support thing around my front motor mount eventually. later in the season though like mid june

Clean and use touch up right before you trade in. Repainting prob wont be cost effective for resale purposes.

Exactly. So if your going to just grind it home, and hope to remove the rusty shit, and not see the other side becasue of the inner supports, its like shooting in the dark. Without seeing the other side to see if its was effected, your better off cutting it out to A: see if your hypothisis was correct and the metal was rusted through to the other side or B replace it with 100% solid metal. From something rusted like that its guarenteed that it is rusted on the oposite side of that sheet metal. But since the inner support is far enough away from the outer skin, I doubt that the inner support channels got effected. cut out only the outer skin. spray with weld through primer. Weld in filler piece, done deal. fill prime shoot.

Yeah man I will do it up for you. How is the original paint? It will be fun matching that i bet. is the damage around a body line? if so we could spray up to that to hide the color differences if there was any.

No it’s just small nickel-quarter sized bits where the mudflaps used to go. Doesn’t have to be 100%, I’d rather just have that small area a bit off than have to repaint the whole quarter (original paint).

You can BARELY notice them, I just don’t want them to get worse.

Ohh are they on the inside fender lip? you could just mask off a 1/16" from the edge and paint up to that. never notice it.

i know, that’s what i was saying lol

Do what I said you HERBS