smart phone advice-verizon rant

Ye at this point im thinking all i need is a phone with a keyboard like the samsung u-740 or the newer one samsung alias…which basically is identical just the number buttons are easier to spot.

http://www.intomobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/7a.jpg

samsung u-740

Samsung Alias

Now as said I did email verizon this is what they said

In regards to the 6700 PDA phone being a good phone, all of our phones are tested with the network to ensure quality of service and we stand behind every phone we offer to our customers. It has lots of features that may be good for you depending on you specific needs.

Mr. …, if you choose to activate a Blackberry phone on your account you are required to purchase a monthly data (for email/internet browsing) plan for $24.99, $29.99, or $44.99 depending on your needs. If you activate a PDA on your account you are also required to have a data package (email and internet browsing) on your line but your choices are different. You can view all the choices for data packages for the PDA below:

The following data packages are used for your PDA to perform data-related functions such as checking e-mail, surfing the Internet or transferring files. Please be aware if you choose option 1 or 2 listed below, applications such as Wireless Sync, Active Sync, Handango, MSN Messenger, and many other third-party applications incur kilobyte (KB) charges in accordance with the data plan you choose in addition to other charges imposed for the use of the application itself. You may choose from the following data plans:

1. Pay As You Go: There is no monthly fee associated with this plan; however, each KB used is billed at $0.015 (1.5 cents). This plan is recommended only for those who use data sparingly. This plan cannot be used on BlackBerry devices.

2. 10-megabyte (MB) feature: This feature is $24.99 per month and includes Wireless Sync. One MB is equal to 1,024 KBs. Each additional KB used over the monthly allowance will be billed a half cent.

3. Unlimited Data for E-mail feature: This feature is $44.99 per month and includes unlimited data transport for e-mail, as well as Wireless Sync. If you have moderate to heavy data usage, this feature would best serve your needs since there are no overage charges for KB usage.

Mr. …, in regards to data for text and picture messaging you will need an additional plan for this function. On a PDA and
Blackberry phone you use data or email/internet and text/pic messaging. The two data functions are different and require different plans. With text messaging no matter what time of phone you have activated on your line, if your using text/pic messaging you will need a package or your line will incur individual text messaging charges of $0.20 cents per text and $0.25 cents per picture for sending and receiving. If you have the $10.00 package on your line, it will continue to include unlimited text/pic/video to Verizon wireless customers and 500 messages to other carriers in the U.S. If you are receiving text/picture that are being relayed via your email on your Blackberry or PDA phone the messages will be counted out of your text package from the 500 messages to other carriers.

Additionally, if you have our $5.00, $10.00, $15.00, or $20.00 individual text/pix package on your mobile phone you do have a limit of messages you can send and receive to other carriers. To avoid additional overages for text/pic you can choose to change to either our Nationwide Select plan or our Nationwide Premium plan, which both offers Unlimited text/pic/video to anyone in the United States sent or received. These two plans have different pricing depending on the other features on your phone you will want to use. To view our available calling plans, you may click on this direct link to our website, where you will be provided with detailed information such as allowance of minutes and applicable roaming and long-distance charges:

Unlimited Data, Connected Device and Family Wireless Plans

So seems like what they said at the verizon store is correct. Fuck paying a few cents or what ever for txting and pics. Because smart phones and PDA’s use data to send them. My goal is to get a phone with a keyboard and maybe as many features without changing my plan or paying more in the plan. The plan currently has unlimited txt. No data plan. If i do get a smart phone or a PDA phone i don’t want to be forced into getting a data plan when at first i do not intend to use it. If in the future I decide i want internet or what ever on my phone THEN i will look into the data package…and fuck extra charges to send txt/pics lol…i already have a txt plan…I guess i just need a simple phone with a keyboard to satisfy my current needs?