Smokers: Please Use Your Ashtrays

Why do (some, if not most) smokers feel that the road is their personal ashtray? How many times have you seen some smoker CLEARLY toss their (cigarette) butt out the window with complete disregard for the environment (let alone the law)? What’s wrong with their ash tray? Oh, your car didn’t come with one? GET ONE. My car didn’t come with an automatically refilling gas tank, so you know what I did? I went the the gas station and filled up whenever I was low on gas. Ok, bad analogy, but my point is, there is no excuse for using the world as your friggin’ ash tray or garbage can.

So, some of these smokers do in fact use their ash trays. Good for them. However, the worst is when I see an entire ash tray dumped between parking spaces in a parking lot. It amazes me. Who does this?

I grew up in complete FEAR of tossing the tiniest piece of scrap paper on the ground. Part of that fear was because I didn’t want a fine, but then I also came to notice all the junk on the streets and realized if everyone was more conscientious, we wouldn’t have this junk cluttering up our roads and lawns.

There seriously needs to be a HUGE crackdown on this, or at least a high-profile ad campaign to point out that it’s against the law. I have a feeling that newer drivers/smokers have grown up seeing others doing it, so they assume it’s legal and acceptable.

I’m going to pick up some old cigarette butts from the road, keep them in a Zip-Loc bag in my car, and toss them back into people’s windows when I see them throw their cigarette butts out their window. “Hey! I think you dropped this back there!!”

DUDE, im not gonna use my ashtray, thats nasty, my whole car would stink…

i’ll just throw it on the hood of the car behind me instead :rofl:

If I’m doing something thats going to kill me I will not compromise on its disposal…

Wow. You’ve got a point, but that’s one thing that has never bothered me. :gotme:

:inb4stoptheantismokerhatespeech:

i HATE when they flick it out the window and it hits my car.

<3

did it twice this morning in traffic…

at least I don’t throw my empty beer cans out the window :gotme:

One of the most common reasons smokers have for not using their ash tray. If you don’t like your car to smell like that, don’t you think it’s making YOU smell like that, too? :confused:

Don’t get me wrong, I know a smoker or 2 who rarely smells like smoke, but to me, a smoker considering an ash tray in their car as being an odorous or dirty thing seems very hypocritical.

lol

<— throw butts out window :stuck_out_tongue:

if you smoke with the window cracked correctly, then roll it down full for 30-40 seconds to clear the cabin, your car won’t smell…

EVER ride in a car with an old italian guy, usually a caddilac, and he smokes with the windows up, blower on full, and uses the ashtray, that shit is NASTY

besides I want it in my lungs, not my car :rofl:

lol u should see my winter beater

Haha… That is some fun stuff right there.

The only thing that drives me more nuts than anything else I’ve mentioned in this thread, is when any of these things are going on with KIDS IN THE EFFING CAR. :mad:

i beg to differ. I dont smoke and had someone in my car and let them smoke once. Even with the windows down the whole time i could smell the smoke in the car the next day.

I wouldnt smoke with a kid in the car, and i don’t smoke in my home…

Hmm it seems that smoking is retarded on every level.

I am always so shocked when I see people my age smoking. They know the same amount of information about it that I do. Yet that doesn’t seem to bother them. I really don’t get. It costs a ton of money, it makes you look stupid, its makes you smell bad, and it kills you.

And yes, I too am bothered by the butts laying around all over the place. My dog tries to eat them when I walk her.

yeah it’s also harder to kick then heroin

at least i only smoke ~ 5 a day…

fucking word to that.

i lost my 45 year old uncle to lung cancer late last year. :frowning:

edit: on topic; i hate when i see people throw anything out the window…

ah god i hate these threads

it’s gonna go nowhere for like a lot of pages

you can always tell who the straight edgers are

ah man

in before teh suck

OH WAIT

<— *doesn’t smoke. just hates threads THAT WILL ACCOMPLISH NOTHING :slight_smile:

I aim for emo kids every chance I get and VWs…if I see a VW sometimes I’ll light up just to flick it towards the vehicle

is that like being a little pregnant?

You’re either a smoker or you’re not.
Butts don’t bother me as much as beer cans/bottles. I mean really, do you need to drink in the car. Can’t you just wait till you get where you’re going to have a 40 of OE?

lol