Smoking Ban injunction

everything there is spot on.

However:

I am a bar owner. Its my building, on my property. I can choose who I do and do not allow into my establishment. I can choose when I’m opened and when I’m not.

I’m a home owner. Its my building on my property. I can choose who I do and don’t allow into my house, and I can choose when they can and can’t be there.

The patrons that come to my establishment are there at their own free will, in the same way that any friends that come to my house are there at their own free will.

For the govt to tell me that I’m not allowed to let my patrons smoke in my bar is no different than the government telling me that I’m not allowed to let my friends smoke in my house. Its a gross invasion of privacy.

That being said, I’m a smoker and I have no problem with the government jacking up taxes on cigarettes to a completely unreasonable level, so long as those taxes go towards healthcare. That way its an incentive to stop smoking, and it at least helps to relieve the burden on non-smoking taxpayers when it comes to smoking-related illnesses.