Smoking Ban injunction

do you belong to a militia? seriously.

i don’t rely on the government to take care of me. i have never collected welfare, or even unemployment. i guess my ten years of public schooling were government funded, and i do use paved roads, so you may have a point…

what do you mean, “if something ever happened in this country?”

like a fucking invasion?

it’s almost 2007, for fuck’s sake. no one’s attempted a land invasion of this country for nearly 200 years. wars are no longer fought that way (unless you’re invading a piss-hole in the middle of the desert). there was a civil war, but i hardly think the conditions will ever exist for that again.

it was a homeowner’s association, not a local government. when you buy into a community with a homeowner’s association, you agree to subject yourself to their policies, current and future. my step-mother can’t put up a different mailbox, or park a truck (or trailered boat) in her driveway. thems the rules.

Believe me I understand the dynamics involved here, but I still think that policy crosses the line. They did try to remediate the situation, but a smoke eater should have been effective unless the HVAC system was installed in a way that causes air to be exchanged from one unit to the next. I think they should file suit or initiate arbitration against/with the building owners for improper tenant conditions. Throw a little back at 'em.

:naughty:

We are being invaded everyday by thousands of illegals that we have no clue who they are and what there plan is, and not to mention the government is getting more and more invasive of our privacy and taking away more of our rights everyday. So if you think we can’t be invaded think again, they don’t have to be invading by way of a foreign military with troops, tanks, planes etc. it is happening by one small step at a time.

I always knew you were a fascist piece of shit.

Nothing you say from this point on matters to anyone on this board.

why?

everything there is spot on.

However:

I am a bar owner. Its my building, on my property. I can choose who I do and do not allow into my establishment. I can choose when I’m opened and when I’m not.

I’m a home owner. Its my building on my property. I can choose who I do and don’t allow into my house, and I can choose when they can and can’t be there.

The patrons that come to my establishment are there at their own free will, in the same way that any friends that come to my house are there at their own free will.

For the govt to tell me that I’m not allowed to let my patrons smoke in my bar is no different than the government telling me that I’m not allowed to let my friends smoke in my house. Its a gross invasion of privacy.

That being said, I’m a smoker and I have no problem with the government jacking up taxes on cigarettes to a completely unreasonable level, so long as those taxes go towards healthcare. That way its an incentive to stop smoking, and it at least helps to relieve the burden on non-smoking taxpayers when it comes to smoking-related illnesses.

Gee I dunno, it’s just the basis for our government, and the legal backing for our rights in this country.

Well then maybe we should just burn it and adopt some other form of government. 230 years is long enough to be free:bash: . Hundreds of thousands of people died fighting to protect our freedoms, including some that I know just to give you the right to say such a stupid thing:nuts:

amen:bigok:

i guess if you are trying to make a point you can pretend home ownership is the same as business ownership… but it’s not.

you can cook old garbage and eat it at home and serve it to your friends… you can’t cook garbage and give it to the public in your establishment.

there are tons and tons of examples i can give you about fire exits, capacity, bathrooms, lighting ect. ect.ect… so no, it’s not the same, not that i agree or disagree with you, but i would guess that’s why there are different codes for building such places… the whole point of the smoking ban is healthcare… regardless of it being a skewed misguided attempt, it is to promote better health and enviroment for all people… a ‘gross invasion’ of privacy for a higher reason(whether personally determined right or wrong)… hummmmmm anything from history come to mind :slight_smile:

First, let me say that notwithstanding major pollution and radioactive contamination, I don’t think that my health is the responsibility of the Federal government.

However, if it were about health-care, they should ban the sale of tobacco, trans-fats, and a few other nasty ingredients used in so many products we consume. Obesity has exceeded tobacco as the leading cause of death in this country. So if it’s about health-care, why not hit the real problem?

If we want people to take responsibility for their own health, we need to stop treating the symptons of obesity, (blood pressure meds, back surgeries etc) and start issuing treadmills.

smoking is about as gay as this thread anyways

:gives:

obesity is a self-endulged and self-effecting problem… smoking effects others.

Not really, it is proven to make offspring less healthy. Also, tobacco is taxed and some of the proceeds go to health-care, is there a fatty food tax that I missed? Obesity is increasing health-care costs more than anything else. Don’t tell me it doesn’t affect anyone else.

you’re all over the place man… i’m not agreeing or disagreeing… i’m stating the obvious reason they went for smoking over obesity… it’s all personal decisions… but the personal decision of smoking DIRECTLY effects ‘innocent’ peoples health…

there aren’t fatty food taxes, but there are trans-fat bans and bills issued for FAST food taxes recently… whats the point though? there wasn’t a smoking ban 5 years ago, you could smoke on airplanes 10 years ago.

being that the southside has so many bars and so many dui’s / wrecks it effects regional car insurance… should we ban bars? or drinking? or maybe driving all together?

I’m not all over the place. I don’t want a tax or a ban on fatty foods, smoking, or cars. I was merely pointing out the absurdity of banning smoking in certain places in the name of health care.

I think the government should stop taking my money and using it to babysit me. If I don’t like the smell of smoke, I’ll avoid it, if I want to smoke, I will. The government doesn’t need to help me with that. The amount of tax dollars they waste on useless crap like this should disturb and anger any hard-working American.

i agree. I am not pro ban of anything…

Wow this thread is really “deep” or whatever you want to call it. Fact is anything public the govt has a right to set rules…mainly to help protect others. So I don’t want to hear that shit about if I own a bar and I own a house it is the same thing. You have a choice to tell lets say, tell ugly people they are not allowed in your house but you can’t tell those same ugly motherfuckers they cannot come into your business. So it is quite simple…smoking in public does affect other people around you in a negative way and YES a law can be made against it…so shut the fuck up and deal with