Smoooooooooooooookin

sooo the track is better on the weekend?

when i ran my 89 turbo justy at the track i spun the tires in waterbox quick and cut a 2.1 60feet iv’e also raced at etown, atco, draway42 and for sure lebanon dragway wasnit the werst.

I think the ammount of rubber being layed down by some of the big boys, in conjunction with it being 90* out had more to do wit that than prep

Although they spent abotu an hour re prepping the track after my gear oil was done being cleaned up :facepalm

whatever works right?

My shocks and torque arm arent adjusted yet.

My shocks have 8 settings…I have just left them on 6 and havent messed around with them at the track really…

and my torque arm is set at 0*…At the track I need to put it at -2*…just too lazy and dont really care to lay under there and adjust it at the track.

I got the drag radials…I just need front skinnies before I want to run them like you said…I cant seem to find any skinnies for my car tho.

Negative Captain Camz. It’s my thread and I out rank ya. :wink:

Tell the guys that run at NED, Island, E-Town that they won’t be using VHT on their drag days and see what response you get. The reality is that LVD (at least when I went) didn’t use VHT on Wednesday or at least not on a regular basis.

Moroso DS-2’s

and why waste your time running if you wont set your suspension correctly? sounds stupid to me. spend the 45minutes to adjust everything, run a good number and silence the haters(on this account)

setting 6 is too firm.

I actually believe when I was running at lebanon I was at setting 7…

but I was launching at 4k, and it was dead hooking and bogging on my street tires…

the problem was, once I was rolling, around 3500rpms+ It would just break loose…then shift to 2nd and all of 2nd was useless.

softer suspension control this??? I am no suspension Guru…need a little advice on it actually.

Damnnnnnnnnnnn

shut down Shawnyyyyyyy Boiiiiiiiiiiiii

slurp

AWD is meaningless when you are making 600+ AWHP on street tires champ. The car outlaunched 99% of anything on the street. It just spun at LVD.

When I raced Ray, I hit rev limiter well past the 60’. Vids don’t lie. :slight_smile:

But, the car went 11.7 with a 1.72 60’ a few times when it made much less power.

see what your fbody guys are running on LS1 tech… but 7 is definently too stiff. you need the car to squat.

Why bother prepping on a night when most of the cars you see are shitboxes on shitty street tires (Correct me on this next part if im wrong but this is what ive heard from someone before) that destroy the prep vs someone with DR’s or Slicks that are constantly keeping rubber down

vht is like spray glue for ur tires. if lvd put it down and prepped the track properly it wont matter if you’re on slicks, radials or street tires, you will STILL gain some sort of traction advantage. they dont charge as much on wed nights because they dont prep. if there is any sort of vht on the track its leftover from saturday if it didnt rain or something. thats why wed nights are hit or miss at lvd. saturday mornings are nearly a surefire bet that the track prep will be sufficient.

so wouldnt rwd/fwd @ 450whp be useless on street tires at a track with less prep? follows your theory… just cant see how someone with awd car can make excuses when they ran a shitty time. this thread is kinda like the pot and kettle… :retardclap

both cars overpower the tires. ive been at the track watching shawn come out of the hole sssssssideways at a 45* angle to the wall, straightened it out and ran a 12.0 @ 122 or so. AWD doesnt necessarily mean traction.

no but rwd doesnt either thats the point im gettin at… how can one person who cant run wat their car is “suppposed” to run rag on another doin the same thing…

pot and kettle right there

i see what you’re getting at. good point.

my car hooks .,…

i cut a 1.61 or a 1.58 at lvd, dont remember which one. Most of the time im up there i hook well. You have to remember. Most of everyones cars with the exception of few are not setup to cut good 60’. Handling suspension and a lowered ride are the complete opposite of what you need to run well at the drag strip, and that is what most people do to there cars. I wouldnt blame lvd on it, blame it on your setups.

Look at drews, his car is lowered, on street tires with a 400rwhp car, does anyone here think hes going to rocket out of the whole.

Last time i checked shawnvrfail ran an 11.7 at 127, thats a high 10 second pass.

my car pulled a 1.7- and a 1.6 maybe i cant remeber now …lvd is fine if the car is right