Snowmageddon Apocalypse 2019

oh man, I used to see him all the time. So sad. :frowning:

0 Likes

I just saw him the other day at Starbucks.

I wonder if he just didn’t have any notice that the weather was going to be so bad. I can’t remember if he had a phone or not.

0 Likes

1 Like

Impressive! I thought I had some decent overhang on my garage. Maybe I’ll take a snap of it tomorrow while I’m off again.

RIP to the homeless guy, pretty sure I just saw him earlier this month at the walker center.

0 Likes

1 Like

0 Likes

Wow he’d been out there since the 70’s?

He was given the option of a hotel for the night but instead slept in this…

0 Likes

Reading his story and how it ended is sad but at the same time makes you proud of WNY because you see that a lot of people tried to help this guy.

I don’t know if any of you followed the link to the 1997 story on him but it’s worth the read:

0 Likes

Hows the ice out there this am? I just saw a video of a tractor trailer sliding sideways on the 190.

0 Likes

The city is shitty, south of here city is fine right now.

0 Likes

Yolanda with the live coverage, lol

1 Like

Oh shit!

0 Likes

right? wild

0 Likes

Yeah, especially since I just got on the 190 very near there, but driving south

0 Likes

dang. good timing

0 Likes

Amazing :open_mouth:

0 Likes

This guy got it!

1 Like

So did the ice boom break or was the water level / wind speed so high ice went over it?

0 Likes

Probably a combination of both. It’s designed to sink and let the ice go over the top if the wind pushes the ice too hard. But I did read that some sections had broken free.

Honestly, it’s great news for the health of the river. That ice flow will dredge a lot of the muck out of the shallows, something that we prevented nature from doing with the boom. Bad news for GI and Tonawanda dock owners though.

0 Likes

Cool stuff.

0 Likes