so CA swap or import?!

hey im on a bit of a dilemma here… to buy and swap a CA into my s13 that i got right now, the rust is pretty good too its not bad or anything, everything runs good =). OR import a 180 from japan and have a pre made ca with it already done and rdy to drive?

questions are the insurance issues.

How much more insurance am i looking at paying? right now im with belair direct and i pay $230 a month, 20y/o, clean record, G2.

I know most cars from japan come in WAY better condition, but for what kind of money? My guess is swapping a CA into my car atm will be around $2000 to get it running reliably, whereas importing im guessing will be $5000 and extra fees and insurance and such?

input please!!! =)

oh yeah… dont tell me to go sr or ka-t please =) CA swap or imoprt /w CA =)

Ca your car.

Although RHD does feel very ergonomic. I prefer LHD for various reasons.

and then the question was about insurance issues. RHD i tinhk is more exotic, its a reason to buy an import i find. who cares about ergonomics? were all gonna die soon anyways!

I get the feeling that you don’t know the meaning of ergonomic… LOL!!

RHD isn’t a reason to buy an import. A reason to seriously buy an import would be better selection of cars, already have turbo motors with other goodies usually, and VERY clean all around cars.

RHD is more of a consequence of buying an import.

Also, from what I understand most companies will insure an import. Insurance rates will be equal or lower, because they have less of the vehicles on their black list. (i.e.- Their research shows that many people with generic import cars like hondas, acuras, nissans, etc get into more accidents than let’s say a nissan silvia s13, because they will obviously have less recorded incidences of this happening). This is what I’ve gathered from talking to different people on the topic.

last yr i had an 89 rhd s13 with a ca brought in, yes its more pricey then just a swap but it was worth it, the car is in great shape, no rust, came with goodies such as tien coilovers. Insurance was a hassle and took me a good month of back and forth calls with the insurance company, every time i called i got some one new who required something else. With much patience and persistance i finally got it worked out with the requirement of a full apraisal. and the threat of “any performance mods and we will not accept u” LOL thank good the appraisal person wasnt to swift with the upgrades, didnt even think it was boosted!