So happy, yet sad lol

I should be happy as hell that I got accepted to Waterloo University for Mechanical Engineering…but…

I most likely have to get rid of the 240. I have a good friend who loves my car, and knows how to drive manual who’ll buy it. I could buy it back when I’m done a few years later.

I wanted to know if there were any other options; I hate doing business with friends because it’s a certain way to have things turn sour, especially dealing with an older vehicle.

Is there a way to store it for this long without it rusting/being fucked up 4 years later? Also, what are the prices of some storage facilities? I realized that if I didn’t have to maintain it/pay for gas/insurance, I could save up a lump sum through the co-op program, and then do a proper build afterwards. Sounds like a fun dream. lol

pfft, keep the car.

usually around 500 to store a car for the winter, i would budget about 100 a month for non heated storage and about 150 for heated

Pimp yourself out HARD…

Plenty of girls in Waterloo could use a Gigalo.

correction.

Plenty of girls at Wilfred Laurier could use a Gigalo

Girls at Waterloo dont love men… they love anime.

haha quoted for truth

just drive it in the summer. dont sell lol

I said IN Waterloo, that includes W-L.:wink:

Hahaha…

Regarding the OP’s question; The very fact that your asking what to do is a clear sign that you should keep the car and find a way to do so.

asian girls in the loo love guys that drive 240ss…trust

keep it

First of all congrats on being accepted to Wat. Mech. Eng. :cool:

Second, if you sell it to your friend, treat him as just another seller and not a friend. i.e. write up a bill of sale, have him sign it, etc. etc. Make it as legit as possible.

Where it gets complicated is “I could buy it back when I’m done a few years later.”. Again if you want to do that, make sure to write it up in the bill of sale so both parties can be legally bound to the written agreement and not just some verbal agreement.

Last thing you want is to be screwed over, regardless of whether it;s your friend you are dealing with or not.

If the car is basic (i.e. stock, no mods, etc.) then just sell it off and get an econo-car for Univ. Save up on gas, fill up with friends for trips/clubbing/whatever. If you can afford to buy another car, then buy a 240 later down the road as a summer car. Or if you can afford to, keep this and store it somewhere.

Best of luck :wavey:

Straight up…If you like your 240 enough, there’s nothing that’ll stop you from getting rid of it. You’ll make it all work somehow.

Hints: OSAP, QE Millennium Scholarship, UW Bursary, part time job, etc.

There’s lots of $$ out there to be had…you just have to figure out a way to get at it. There’s not many guys at school that go this route, but I’m just telling you that it’s very doable…just have to make certain sacrifices.

Congrats man, I hope you enjoy mech eng.

Congrats!!

honestly u may like ur 240, and it may be special, but sell it, and when ur done school, look for a car then, cause something better will always come along

why cant you just keep it? its not like its a high maintenance vehicle… not so bad on gas either… is it the parking? the insurance? why is it no one can afford school and a car?

ive always wondered that… since highschool ive always had a car and been in school… never had a problem! in fact i dont think i wouldve made it through school without a car… because i HATE with a capital HATE! public transit!

I get 17-19mpg^ so its not a civic lol. If I take the car to Waterloo, my dad will have to purchase another car, because he drives mine to work when my mother doesn’t have work. This means I’d be primary driver on the 240.

Also, my dad brought up an important point, since I practically have no summer at Waterloo, just 4 months of studying then 4 months of work, the place where my work will be will vary so I might need it after all.

Thanks for your responses guys, I really appreciate it. I just felt as if I had nothing left to save up for if I started working co-op and had no 240.

It’s become a habit to put any money I make right into the car, almost immediately, and some money I don’t even have lol. I gave up on electronics, computers, gaming etc… It’s all car now. That’s why I felt so empty thinking about selling it. I’m really attached to this little thing.

^^ This is exactly why you should keep it.

But at the same time, remember that you have to SAVE that moollah.

Going from driving a car, then taking pub. transit is the worst thing imagineable. Besides, in the long run you’ll feel bad for getting rid of something you were so attached to.

Best of luck with the course, I don’t even want to think about the number of text books you’ll have!

lmfao so true!

Dude, find a way to keep it. I’m going to Georgian next year for automotive mech. eng. and theres no way I’d sell my car. With the co-ops and maybe a part time job, I should be able to keep up enough cash flow to keep it on the road.

Congrats on getting in, but… keep your car and live your life. Once you graduate, you’ll discover a few secrets about the usefulness of a degree and the discrepancy between expected compensation and actual. I don’t want to spoil the surprise for you just yet though :wink:

I dont unerstand if money is not the issue, then why not keep it. Unless you are commuting. Having a bad ass ride always helps with the pussy situation.