So i got a new job...

Originally posted by silvrhand
Bullshit…

Cost of living is not that cheap in pittsburgh… dunno what crack addict wrote the report you read…

john, pgh might not be super cheap like some places but it really isn’t that high, you looks at eastern pa and you can’t touch anything with out atleast 200K, you go to nyc area and taht goes up to 400k, pgh is cheap in comparison to a lot of the major metro areas.

Originally posted by Shaggy
those who brag, don’t have shit :bsflag:

I was asked for that information. Responding to a question doesn’t mean I’m bragging.

Originally posted by ChopNDrop
I was asked for that information. Responding to a question doesn’t mean I’m bragging.
:moon: :bluez28: :booty: :itr41:

Believe whatever you want.

Believe whatever you want.
:slap: :fart: :op: :nuts:

you suck @ reading smilies:rolleyes: :smiley:

Originally posted by BlueZ28
move out to cali, texas, or florida, then talk

Your Results
If you make: $ 100,000
Living in: Pittsburgh, PA

You would
need to make: $ 92,000
Living in: Houston, TX

If you make: $ 100,000
Living in: Pittsburgh, PA

You would
need to make: $ 213,000
Living in: San Francisico, CA

Miama is about dead on too…

Pittsburgh is a lot more expensive to live in than you think, there are few places that rival the cost of living compared to Pittsburgh, and I can tell you I’v lived in quite a few states.

:zzz: only hawaii and alaska have higher property taxes than PA b/c we fund our schools and old fucks with them :zzz: :zzz::gives:

You want to know about cost of living? Search for homes in Santa Cruz, CA (95060, 96062). Try finding anything under a 1/4 million, and try finding anything worth living in for under 1/2.

-TJ

I am 24, have a doctorate and am a pharmacist. Making over 65K at 24 sure is nice!

:oxycontindealer: :smiley: Just messin’.

I am 24, have a doctorate and am a pharmacist. Making over 65K at 24 sure is nice!

That’s cool. My little sister is going to Duquesne for pharmacy right now. I was talking to a few people that have a pharmacy degree and they all make upwards of 100 grand, it is a great field to be in right now. Where do you work, my sister needs a job. :smiley:

One area doesn’t make a whole country… Ok, compare cost of homes in uh Mount lebanon compared to anywhere else too…

On the average PA has highest closing cost, and cost of living than most places. Sure you’ll find the occasional high area, but if you have to go to CA to find a higher cost of living, then Pittsburgh is a fucked up place.

Originally posted by tjZ28
You want to know about cost of living? Search for homes in Santa Cruz, CA (95060, 96062). Try finding [b]anything under a 1/4 million, and try finding anything worth living in for under 1/2.

-TJ [/B]

One area doesn’t make a whole country… Ok, compare cost of homes in uh Mount lebanon compared to anywhere else too…

On the average PA has highest closing cost, and cost of living than most places. Sure you’ll find the occasional high area, but if you have to go to CA to find a higher cost of living, then Pittsburgh is a fucked up place.

I think they are looking at just home sales. When you factor in all the taxes and everything else, Pittsburgh isn’t real cheap.

Yeah taxes is one of the things that kills this area. Christ me and my wife just bought a home and I’m paying like 20 different school taxes and rediculously high sewage because some stupid moron ten years ago thought it would be great to dump raw sewage into the allegheny river. Then We have to pay the fines for their stupid fucking mistakes. :mad:

Also the other thing hurting the area is the fucking “i’m not changing” old fogies. This area needs to be changed into one giant hospital or one giant college…

quick get the rope I feel like hanging a smurph…

pittsburgh is a dump because the old democratic voters are still alive. The city is in debt, the state is in debt but the county has a balenced budget so lets vote in onorato that is a democratic spender. Too many spooks and old jews in pittsburgh. the main problem thou is all the suburbian fucks come and work here but don’t pay a dime in wage tax to the city. They come in and go to sports events, come use schenley park for some charity race, etc…etc… then get on the news and complain how bad coming into the city is. Pittsburgh has a lot of nice property, big nice house but they just are in bad neighborhoods. Homewood used to be all rich whites but thanks to good old section 8 its a shithole. I’m gonna love it when it starts to infest the north hills and fox chapel and mt lebo, see how they like “it”

my boy lives in Charlotte and has to pay property tax on his cars!!

duq is a good place for pharm, my sis was going there for that but changed majors.

I didn’t mean to start shit, but when he complains that he is soo poor, I was just pointing out a reason why that may be. I would love to just chill at the beach, but I busted my ass to make a nice life for myself and it sucks to see people that don’t seem to try that hard bitch about their situation.
you dont know the first fucking thing about me or the situation that i’m in. Stop being all high and mighty. Yeah, ive made some mistakes, i would never deny that… but i only 21 man. Im trying to get my shit back together. Call me when im 24 and then we’ll see if i still making $7.50

I just brought up Santa Cruz, CA becuase that’s where I live. All of CA is more expensive than the PGH area though. Even the middle of nowhere valley is more expensive than everything but a few isolated areas (such as Mt. Lebanon).

-TJ

property tax just to live in allegheny county per year is over 10k.i know this because at my previous employment i was sent to do some jobs up in the area called links at deer run.a lady told me that her property tax was that per year