so i got pulled today

i guess peter’s township is doing an aggressive driving enforcement. they got me going 56 in a 40 on 19 south right across from sun chev. totally not paying attention so i guess i deserve it, i work less than a mile away and i’m usually pretty “aware” around that area

insult to injury? i put the emissions sticker on the cruiser that got me. peter’s always brings there shit down to our shop infact the guy next to me has the tranny out of their expedition.

so what would you do? man up pay the $150/take the points or go in for a hearing. i’ve never had a ticket before so this is a new one on me

also what’s accutrac? i assume it’s their speed detection equipment but is it a laser or something along those lines?

go for a hearing, tell them you will gladly pay the fine, but you cant afford the points. they normally drop it to a 5 over

plead not guilty. Probably can work it out and reduce something.
Wish i did that. screwed myself on numerous driving jobs.

yeah i’ve decided i’ll go in and see what i can work out. thanks guys

Request a hearing, address the judge as “Your Honor”, dress nicely, and be polite… its election time, so they will most likely reduce it to 5 over, which is the smallest fine and no points.

i always plead not guilty and tell them that my employer doesnt want me to havew points on my license because i drive for work. and the fine is no problem. 5 over is what i normally get. 0 points on my license after getting pulled over 50 + times

it is where they time you with 2 lines

but i believe with lasers set up at the two points… because regular tracking between 2 points is vascar.

i didnt know lasers were becoming that common. Time to go and buy a new valentine 1, V1 Parts Department | Valentine One | Radar Detectors

Accutrac is a specially calibrated stop watch, the lines are strategically spaced according to the posted speed limit, when the front of your vehicle crosses the first line, the officer will start the accutrac, and then stop it when you cross the second line. it is what it is, you can argue that its not accurate, but you will not win. Also they give you a certain amount over usually 12 - 15 mph over the posted speed limit before they will even pull out after you.

So basically just do what I told you to do above and you’ll be fine.

the cop was a real stand up guy, easily the nicest one i’ve ever met. he told me nothing personal and they were pulling everyone possible

i forgot to mention this was the first time i’ve been pulled carrying the glock. i handed him my permit and drivers license at the same time, informing him that the pistol was in the glove box with the registration/insurance. he was really cool about it and allowed me to reach for my information. i honestly figured he’d get it for me, inspect the weapon or something… nope, completely casual which was a little reassuring

Wont do a damn bit of good.

Wow… Thats not very tactical on his part.

Whats the cops name? I know people :slight_smile:

Get the ticket waived to court downtown 9 out of 10 times it will get lost in the mess down there and the officer wont show…

:rofl:

LOL…jagoff

:bowrofl:

Wow, last time I was pulled over with the .40 in the car they didn’t let me move an INCH. And I totally understood.

Yeah, that is an easy place to get pulled over. Nobody goes the speed limit through there (most people go about 60). Just go to the hearing and tell them that it was an honest mistake and you have never had a ticket before and they will uphold the fine but throw out the points. I just did that in Bridgeville this fall.