So i went to the dealership and came back with......(A now running WRX)

still a good deal.

Anything damaged by the claim above can easily be fixed for a cost that would still put you ahead.

:tup:

Just did a compression test.

So looks like the compression is good.

Talked to the original owner and he still has the original intercooler.He said he had to call Don to see if he still had the turbo.

again why poor people suck

Yea those numbers are fine. With it a bit warm you could see 160+

yea, totaly sounds like a turd, lol. a whole 5 pounds difference between cylinders.

sugar sure does destroy a car !

edit: http://www.howstuffworks.com/sugar-in-gas-tank.htm

So what do you do if you really do want to disable someone’s car? Pour in some water. Gasoline floats on top of water, so if you pour in several cups of water, the fuel pump will fill the fuel lines with water instead of gasoline and the car would have some major problems.

thanks for telling everyone how to disable each others cars !:mamoru:

Good find! You can pick up a VF39 (sti turbo) used for $350. You can get an STI top mount intercooler for 200 ish. Look around the classifieds in iwst and nasioc. There’s stuff popping up all the time.

It sounds like that may be enough to get you going.

www.nasioc.com

www.iwsti.com

www.buffaloscooby.com

STi up pipes also don’t have a cat, so they are almost as good as an after market one. You can get used after market downpipes all day, but I recommend the Turbo XS belmouth pipe. If it helps, my stock downpipe is sitting in the garage. You are welcome to borrow it to assess the damage if it helps.

anyone that couldnt already figure out that water will disable a car probably cant figure out where to pour it anyways

If someone would have told me they were putting SRT-4 rims on a WRX I’d have said it was stupid.

Seeing them on the car though I really like it.

After hearing that story, i would probably drain the tank and flush it out, as a precaution.

Ugh Yeah if they just cut piping to take stuff I would be so worried about shavings getting into places that they shouldn’t be…

wait… this is skurges old car?

i ahve this i’m looking to get rid of.

ABS Plastic, unpainted.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3206/2352298413_89a3c527f2_o.jpg

$80 shipped

Went to dealership came back with someone elses problems?

honest question: even though the compression test came back ok, is there still a chance that there’s internal damage? the chemicals in the gas tank story is pretty harsh… but it was a good deal regardless.

pretty stepped on

best of luck

Wow nice find brent, I know it will be a beast once your done with it :tup: best of luck!

the only options are:

chemicals caused detonation
chemicals caused metal parts to corrode
chemicals caused plastic / rubber parts to degrade

detonation: unless the chemical in question was really low octane and in large enough quantities, this wont happen

corrode: theres nothing at a dealership strong enough to corrode steel / aluminium when disolved in gas

degrade: eeeh, maybe theres something that could of degraded orings and rubber lines, but the car still ran, so i highly doubt there was a chemical like this in high enough concentration to do any damage

like i said, the dirt bag would have had to dump something like in nitromethane or methanol (which rquire different air fuel ratios), in a large enough quantity (more then 10% of the amount of fuel in the tank) for these to really do any damage

as long as the plugs look good, the compression test looks good, a leak down test looks good and no random leaks spring from rubber lines that are as soft as feather pillows, the dirt bag was 100% unsuccessful in killing the car with chemicals

wheel acid???

is at most 50% acid when in its “retail” form

add a quart of said wheel acid to 5 gallons of gas, and it becomes about 5% hydrochloric acid, making it about as stong as CHEAP weel cleaner … you know that stuff you bought in a hurry the one day and it left all the brake dust on your wheels ??

5% is toilet bowl cleaner, at worst it would clean a tad bit of corrosion off the inside of the fuel tank