So Ive narrowed it down to these 2

pjb, spec really? r u fucking kidding me?

I never had issues with the one I had in the 300 miles I drove with it in place. Like I said a guy with a 10 second Fox body recommended a Spec.

gotta make power to have problems :retardclap

spec suck,

/thread

Hahaha I had one in my turbo xB and I know that made atleast 130whp :rofl

I had a Spec S3 sprung in my jetta 3076R last year. Put about 12Kmi on it and it still looks good. Lots of life, no crazy heat spots or cracks, rivets are all minty. I had an coolant leak right above the bellhousing, so it dripped into the flywheel/clutch area and contaminated the clutch disk I think, becasue WOT shifts 2nd int 3rd & 3rd to 4th it would slip quite a bit. Launching it it would slip a little bit too. This was ONLY after the coolant leak, that clutch has been in my car when i upgraded from stock turbo to the K04-022 about 9Kmi, then to the 3076R about 3kmi. Not bad if you ask me.

Yetti has the SAME exact clutch and FW on his and thats been on there for over 10Kmi I bet too, and it is minty. making 450tq too and its still running strong.

I just bought a stage 3+ (full faced metalic) for my 6262 setup this season.

I do know they might be hit or miss though… I also heard of rivets breaking too. BUT keep in mind the driver is everything. HEAT will kill the disk and the rivets will fail from it too.

I voted spec.

brother had one in his 07 GTI with a chip only and the clutch material disinegrated with in 2 months.

carbon or metalic disk?

I have no idea, I am not a clutch engineer. How can two carbon disks last 10Kmi on cars making twice the tq as that car last, and some crumble to pieces in no time? I dunno. Lets see how my S3+ works out next season.