So much for my new years resolution!

So 4 days into the new year I break my streak of 2 yrs without an HTA ticket!

I was out driving for a day out with my cousins when I get pulled over doing 27 over the limit in a 60 zone. CRAP! They were hiding in a little street behind the light pole. This is by far my biggest ticket and the previous ones 2 yrs ago weren’t biggies at all, less than $40. paid them off.

This one is over $130. And I kinda forgot the procedures of handling these…
Kinda just wanna mail in the payment and get it over with but lookin to hear what you guys think about negotiating or taking it to trial.

If i take a lower payment and accept more demerits, how long until they wipe the demerits off my record?

Any suggestions?

suck it up
live and learn

I’ve heard that if you go in the same day/next day soon as you can and pay cash sometimes it doesn’t show up on your record. this is what the guy that paved my driveway told me, for him its worked 3 out of 3 times.

Give it a shot I guess?

If you have time and don’t have to miss work or anything, go plead guilty with an explanation. Usually they will cut it in half, and you can ask them for more time to pay.

u can usually get out of they fine if you go to couurt, but if ur worried about points probably need a lawyer

where did this happen? if you put on a sad face and have been so long without a ticket. they may be kind.

Take it to court and plead not guilty, if the cop shows, change your plea to guilty with explaination. Then ask for lieniency and ask for a fine with no points. It’s worth a shot, who knows, that cop might not show. Cops hiding out in the boony areas are upto no good anyways.

Always take it to court worst thing can happen is u pay the full fine and lose points which will happen anyway if u just pay the damn thing. If you dont mind paying extra get a lawyer, I used X police before http://www.xpolice.ca

x2 my bro had too use them a couple times.lol but it worked. GL

take it from a guy who had 5 speeding tickets in 3 years before i was 25.

ALWAYS TAKE IT TO COURT!

My first ticket 137 in a 100
2nd 132 in a 100
3rd 90 in a 60
4th 139 in a100
5th 96 in a 60

keep yer i eyes open on the 407!

the only ticket i’ve ever paid never showed up on my record. it was a 10 over reduced from a 36 over in a speedtrap, paid it the next day and i’m right as rain with a clean sheet… well save for a collision.

if you goto court they will lower the ticket but you still lose demirets and its always on your record your insurance will keep you at a high rate for 2-3 years depending on your company only way to not lose demerits is to get the cop to agree that you should not have lost them in the first place and thats a pussy ticket try $472.00 second day i had my g2

where did you get the ticket? the 115
when i went for my G in peterboro the instucter asked me to watch my speed.lol

yea the 407 is brutal considering everyone drives 30 over… i was driving 130 in the fast lane and had someone tailgate me and flash the highbeams because i was going too slow.

have to drive the whole 407 every day…

as for the ticket goes never just pay a ticket! you can always do better and sometimes if you are lucky,you could have the ticket tossed…

take it to court, even if they lower the fine itll still show up on ur record. so if u want u can go hope ur lucky and the cop doesnt show up or pay up someone to take care of the ticket for u.

If only you lived in toronto and had to pay our insurace rates…

All traffic enforcement officers are pigs and all pigs must be fought in court.
http://www.ticketcombat.com/

stupidest thing i have heard. you shouldnt give advice when u obviously dont have a clue of how the system works.

No offense, but do you always take advice from the man in your driveway?

Exactly…that’s what I’m trying to avoid…high insurance. Toronto is the worst. the thing is that i was on my last year until my previous tickets would be wiped off my record, due to that three year record.
Now this…another three years unless i take it to court and it gets dropped.

So choose “Trail option” and take it to court, and on the day of if i notice the copper there notify them of my decision to plea guilty with an explanantion?

So I am not to choose “Plea guilty with an explanation” at first?

Thanks…407 sounds to risky to drive on…i’ll stick to the 401. lol

first off to one of the replies about trying to convince the cop you shouldn’t have lost the points anyways, that’s a common mistake. They are DEmerit points you don’t lose them you gain them, you want to have zero.

As for how long it takes for them to come off your record it’s 2 years to come off your licence, and then 3 years for insurance to let you off the hook, it ended up being 3 years in february for one of my tickets and my insurance went down just over $1400 a year.

And they will go on your record no matter how fast you pay, otherwise the penalties of demerit points wouldn’t have an effect and would be useless. Pay it fast, pay it slow either way they will be on your record. The only issue I see if if you book a court date and end up losing so that you still have points is that the 2 and 3 years don’t start until that date, because it’s 2 years from the date of conviction which is when you got the ticket OR in the case of fighting a ticket the date of your court date would be the new conviction date. That happened to me, gave me another 3 months to wait, although it doesn’t show up on your record until after court either.