So some dirtball hit my car...

Well I was on my way to see the movie Superbad (Which was great) at the regal on 179 by target. I stop at the light, but traffic is backed up badly, so I watch my rear view to make sure no one is going to hit me. (As I could throw her off into the meridian.) The guy stops behind me no problem, and i talk with the g/f as usually. Then baaamo. You have go to be fucking kidding me right? Well turns out, some loser rotten cut bag had to go and screw up my day. This “bro” hit a guy in a Honda pushing him into a Stratus which then him the vette. Luckily my g/f calms me down a little before I get out of the car. The “bro” was driving his mom’s Malibu with an expired permit and calls his mommy. (This sweet straight hatted bro is say 25 ?) He then explains to us other three drivers how he failed to notice the stopped car and that he doesn’t have a license. Sweet. He then tries talking us into all saying that he wasn’t driving and that his mom was driving or else none of us would get our cars fixed. When the cop arrived, I explained what happened, and he was more then nice…uggh I may be a little shook up still so sorry for any bad grammar and what not. The rear shell, exhaust and light assembly will have to be replaced. What should I do about it? Should I make a list of all the parts (most being aftermarket) then take that list to a few places and get estimates? I want to assemble it all myself so I know it is right, but I’d like to get paid for my efforts, and get all my shit bad…the corsa exhaust alone was $1400. Any advice ? sorry no picts i’ll be in 1000 islands until Monday also…FUCK!

The skunt hit a car, which hit a car, which hit a car, that hit you? How fast was this asshat ballsack going?

take the car to a body shop for the estimate. You then tell his insurance company that you want the check mailed to you and not the insurance company.

now me and my g/f’s backs will be soar this weekend from getting hit not from doggy style god damn it…will the body shot replace my after market with after market ?

You need to go after the person that actually hit you. Then they will go after who hit them and so on.

yea, the guy that was directly behind you is responsible for your bumper, because he wasnt the proper distance away

same for the guy behind him

take your car to a bodyshop, demand exact replacement parts, get the check sent right to you

thats bull… so if I stopped 50 ft behind someone as was rearended by a dumptruck…and my car hit the car infront of me (which i’m sure it would) i’d be responsible becase I was too close?

I’m not sure what you’ll get for your mods, but I was rear ended by someone that was rear ended, and the insurance company for the guy that hit me got together with my insurance company and went after the stupid bitch that hit him.

good luck, it took a long time to get it sorted out.

wouldnt the guy who started it all be in the fault here? As long as there is police report, you got all the license plates numbers, insurance info, you should be good, but yes it will take time and is pain in the ass.

Sorry to hear. Your car will never ever be the same, no matter who you have fix it.

not true…because its what happened to me… bitch hit me and then pushed me into another car… she got both faults…

Sucks, go after the fuck for all hes worth

No license screams uninsured as well.

You get info?

yeah, what happened to the bro?

you’ll get your shit squared away. worst part is the flawed carfax :frowning:

I thought that if you fixed it yourself, it wasn’t reported? (aka a shop is “supposed” to register it as being in an accident)

it’s all good though… doesn’t sound very serious. If anything, look at it as new paint/possible after market bumper and a new exhaust :slight_smile:

hrm - last i checked, police reports over 1K in damage are reported as well

same here, the person that caused the accident pays for all cars.

I got the information from everyone involved. The guy was driving his mother’s car, so it was insured, but he did not have a license. We will see what happens…I should have an estimate tomarrow

Sorry to hear about that, your car is sweet. Make sure the repair shop is reputable, do you know anyone that will do the repairs?

Your insurance company goes after the car behind you and then the car behind you goes after the car behind him for damage to his car and your car too. The end result is the person last in line gets the bill.