Some questions about body repair. Front tie bar replacement and a couple other things

Well totaled my WRX swapped 2000 Impreza in April, a few month’s and bad ideas later i’ve decided I’m gonna fix it. It looks like this now:

I’m familiar with the concept of body repair, I used to work in teardown at a body shop and learned a bit from watching and I have some intermediate welding and metalworking skills but this is something where I don’t just want to totally wing it.

I have a complete donor shell for the parts and I know the relative idea, drill out tack welds, air chisel old junk off, mock up the new and burn it in where the old tack welds were but its really not as easy for me as I’m making it sound.

Well if anyone with experience has any tips or can come by for a couple hours (I’ll even pay for your expertise) and basically tell me, do this, this and this that would be much appreciated.

Done right you won’t require an air chisel. Spot weld drill(Blair cutter), new metal, welder, hammer/dolly. Most of that damage looks to be rad support/eye sockets, replace those. Upper fender corner may need a cut/stitch replacement, just overlap some of the joining metal at least ~1/2. An air flanger makes this easy.

Subarus are the “legos” of the car world. Easy to fix this stuff on as long as the supporting metal isn’t rotted all to shit.

PM sent your way.

like adam said its not as bad as you would think. i have all the right tools to do it, and all the paint/skills/booth to paint it after the fact too.

Also is it going to see any track duty? If so, stitch welding the seams would be a great thing to do while you/I/we are at it.:number1