Some Questions

After finding out I can actually afford to insure a 240sx, I’ve been looking to get one and doing an RB25 swap. I now have a chance to buy an 89 240sx with everything done to it that I wanted to do plus some, at half of what it would cost to build. I really didnt want to skip out on the experience of doing the swap myself, but it just dosent make sense when I can buy the completed car and save $10k. I still have a few days before I go see it, and am trying to find out some information.

1. Emissions test- I run etests all day long, but in the 3 years I’ve been doing them, I’ve never really had to deal with the Hot Rod aspect of the test. Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated i.e emissions equipment rules. Also, if your car is tested as a Hot Rod, does the ministry of transportation disclose the fact that is an engine swapped vehicle to anyone i.e insurance companys?

2. Insurance- Are you obliged to inform your insurance company that you have swapped the engine in your vehicle? If so, what are the penalties of you do not?

3. On road hassle- I know Ontario has been going crazy lately with all this street racing/speeding crackdown stuff, and they seem to be targeting “tuner cars” mostly. How much hassle should I expect to get from the police. I race at the track, not on the street, but I dont want to have to constantly deal with ignorant cops pulling me over just because my car would fit a certain image.

4. Anyone have any of the info on what the MTO is looking for at checks, stuff like ride height, camber, caster, exhaust DB levels, underhood components, etc.

I appreciate any info you guys might have to offer me. Thanks everyone for reading.