SON240SX paypal account

Im setting up a paypal account to collect membership fees and what not.
im trying to get a son240sx email address to make it more official.
thats all

You shouldn’t set up a paypal account yet until membership prices are finalized and other details have been settled.

yeah,

we definately want an account but we have to get other gear fixed first…
like figuring out who has already paid, and finalizing all the offers we will be providing to our members for membership donations.

i personally hate paypal, but if htere is no other way, then so be it. i have had very bad experiance with them as a company not with buyers and sellers.

Yeah maybe it isnt such a good idea to trust alot of our membership fees to Paypal, if you have lived through some bad experiences Bing.

Do they take a cut for themselves with every transfer?

I guess for convenience’ sake we might as well try it.

for me what happened is this:

i bid on and won a pair of subwoofers on ebay. i paid through paypal no problems… but there was problems with shipping, the items were returned to the sender after 1 week.

he ackowledged teh problem and apologized, but could nto reshipp immediately.

Paypal has a limit to when you can file a complaint, it is 30 days.

after 28 days without receipt of the prodcut i filed a complaint with paypal and with my credit card company.

payment was stopped and the seller was notified immediately. at first he was upset, but i explained to him that i only had 2 more days and he said no problem so long as i reverse it, i said cool.

i get the subs, minty and sexy, so i call mastercard and tell them the transaction had gone as planned, they said great and re billed me, i paid the bill a week later.

i called paypal and told them the same they said great and i thought it was done.

the guy i bought from never received his money and had his paypal account locked with money in it.

he yelled at me and paypal.

i must have sent 15-20 e-mails to paypal teling them that i had received the product, and that mastercard had already billed me and sent paypal the money and that mastercard told me specifically that the onus was on paypal now.

i had to receive, fill-out and sign a 2 page affidavit and fax it back to paypal.

i also had about 6 phone conversations with paypal and every time i got a complete moron on the other end who was reading from a script and had no telecommunications training or concept of customer service.

i was told that it would take 75 days for them to process the transaction and reverse their actions.

this was already 3 months into the transaction.

75 days later and nothing…

it has been about a year now and paypal still has not given the money to the seller and still has his account locked for no reason.

i have not used paypal since, but i will liekly ahve to in the future i suppose

thats friggin horrible, so when do we start this paypal membership acct?? :roll:

I suggested this a while back, but it got shot down for the same reason.

That definatly sucks, and I agree that Paypal can be extremely bad at handling things like that but in our particular case I dont think it would be a problem.

We have no merchandise, so there are no complicated chargebacks or refunds. We all live in the same area, and we more or less know each other so if there is a problem, we can work it out face to face.

I think in our case the transaction is simple enough that there isnt a whole lot that can be messed up.

i agree that this is a different situation altogether, it’s more of a principle thing really.

i would not oppose setting up a paypal account, i would simply like to know if we have more options.

Well what else is there?
a credit card account would be costly i think at 3% or what ever it is a transfer, personal paypal accounts as far as i know are free. however i guess that if we have to hand out member ship cards we have to see the person, so we could just collect cash and get an account that all RLs can deposit to and only the one paying for everything can take cash out?
i dont know
or we just meet up to transfer cash and one person takes care of an account.

It is still being worked out, but most likely, RLs will be collecting cash, which in turn will go to the treasurer (me or you) and the treasurer will be responsible for maintaining financial statements and tracking the bank balance, budgeting, etc. Only the president and the treasurer should have access to the bank account.

do you want me and 240gurl to get fees at the out of towners meet on sunday? if so, we need a final price.

we wont start collecting for 2004 yet… dont worry about it for now
take any donations for the remainded of 2003 if anyone is willing to give…

It only charges fee’s on credit card transfers if you have a buisness acount not a personal account.

Right on.

I have only used pay pal once and i didnt like it.