Sooner or Later it had to come up. F&F 3

Just as the title states, it was bound to come up eventually.

FAST AND THE FURIOUS 3 is coming…

Question is, should we fear it?

For thoes of you who don’t know yet, The Fast an The furious 3 is starting its production right away. The 3rd installment to the movie will be focused on Drifting and JDM tuning.
Modified Mag had a really good article, off hand i dont remember the issue… this months or last… it’s the one with the boosted S2k on the front. In the article he brings up some interesting points about the way they are going about the filming of this movie. Such all the actors, including the Main Charactor in the film were all hired from the message board on www.drifting.com. The movie cars (i beleve are still being built) will feature S13/S15 Silvias, FD3S’s, and Skylines… (and of couse various other D1 and drift cars). Reported the real kicker is the 1967 Ford Mustang Cobra with an RB26DETT GT-R swap. —Should be cool! Movie is due out late summer next year as far as im aware… better info plz post’er up!

Remembering that this moive franchise is the reason we have ALOT of the aftermarket support we have, what’s your predictions about the after effects of the movie?

mine:

1. Police will be cracking down on anything they see to be “drifting”… meaning drift days and autoX-ing will be the only real safe times to do alot of drifting. sigh
  2. Importing companys are going to see a Large BOOM in sales for a short period of time but will eventually smooth out to average sales. So good luck to you guys!

Weak. I’m dreading this.

The mustang must be for the dads having to take their son to see all thoughs crappy japanese cars slide around corners…GO VIN! Drifting.com is a good site and they have alot of guys there who know their stuff. Movies that relate to your hobbies are never good. Since Scarface ive had to play it real low. Cops are all over me.

yessssss next summer bitches will be all over my silvia … WINNNARRR

LOL

pimp

Where did you get the scar. From eating pussy??

HAHAHA… Can we go for cruises bora!

LOL

pimp

Where did you get the scar. From eating pussy??[/quote]

i guess your sister does like it fairly rough then eh rob? :lol:

HAHAHA… Can we go for cruises bora![/quote]

I dono Mike. If the chick from the night at The One on whyte is usually what u attract, i dont think we should hang out … :smiley:

I’m going to put my car up for sale on the opening week for double it’s worth :smiley:

haha thats a good idea :wink:

there will deffinetly be a BOOM in import sales haha!

http://www.moviecarz.com/casting.asp

Good Post RPS13!!! anyone else have any other comments or informaition on the movie thus far. Anyone know of any photo’s of the movies main cars?

movie will be gahy!!!

Jesus can drift on green screen too biotch!!!

P.S. I am drunk!!! nugga!

You beat me to it, that’s exactly what I was thinking :smiley:

Why don’t they film in Vancouver if they want lots of RHD cars. At least the mountains there look more like Japan.

its Hollywood… do you reallly think they’re that smart! Vancouver would be beautiful …good point to bring up though… Oh and Aparently the Drift King will be the technical supervisor for the movie coreographing all the drift battles… think that will improve it … or do you think he’s “Selling out”?

i think it’s the perfect time to start a business catering to those interested in the drifting phenomenon. the scene will only grow as a result, and whether it’s good or bad, there’s money to be made.

just like how subframe braces and strut tower bars flooded the market a couple years ago and drift pineapples did this year, there will be an over-abundance of parts, driving costs down hopefully.

so who wants to go into making widebody fenders and 1/4s in canada? :stuck_out_tongue:

as far as the movie goes, i wouldn’t trust it being any better than the other two, no matter how many people they hire as actors and extras from drifting.com and how much advice they ask from dori dori.

I loved the first two movies and still watch them occasionally. Sure they’re corny and annoying, but they make for awesome quotes when talking to car guys :wink:
haha

What else get’s people’s attention when huddled around someone’s engine bay more than “I see a T3/T4 turbo Dominic…”

“see, we knows afew things… and one of the things we knows is, its not how you stand by your car… it’s how you race you car… you better learn that” – Ja Rule. :finga:

Scott, don’t lose that cool of yours, that’s your meal ticket.

:smiley: ok I’m done.