Sorry about the mess, just checking in... (UPDATE)

Again, not to be a huge asshole, but if you lost control of the bike… then you didnt use proper technique (crashing is not standard practice in any of the MSF courses). Side note, if the bike went down, and you didnt make contact with the car, then my guess is you didnt use the brakes to their full capability. Meaning a bike sliding on its side could/should have stopped sooner had the tires been in contact with the ground and brakes been applied fully.

Not saying you’re at fault. Id be upset if I dropped my bike as the result of another driver, but panic sets in, people freak out, and basics are forgotten. I strongly suggest the practicing to ANYBODY who rides, I still do this on a regular basis, as its never bad practice to sharpen your skills.

glad to see you’re alright. good info willy :wink:

Wow!

Glad to hear you made it out alright. These are the things that make me almost not want to hop on a bike… I road bike, and I like to tell myself it’s safer…

Anyways, best of luck with court. It looks like you have everything you need to benefit.

oh no i understand completely, and “(crashing is not standard practice in any of the MSF courses)” made me LOL. i just didnt have the space nor the reaction time, i went from having a 2-3 car cushion to practicably enough room to squeeze a shopping cart through, maybe with practice i wouldve been able to stop, or maybe not, really tho, he pretty much sealed my fate the second he entered my lane 5 feet in front of me, whether i was in my car or a bike, it was gonna end up bad u know? But i think once i get my bike back, or a new one, im gonna practice time to time all of that, it cant hurt to practice, and actually i think all the riders on here should, cuz like in my case, you dont know what happened until after its all done and u get up, look around and think to yourself, “wtf happened?!”

glade to see that you are okay. id say sue the fuck as much as possible, and get new panels and engine work :slight_smile:

i took my bike to Ray Laks yesterday to get an estimate in paper for court, i told them that if any nuts and bolts were even SCRATCHED, replace them and add it to the tab, another lovely outcome of this whole mess, when i rolled on the ground and flipped a few times, i ended up busting my phone and it’s been shutting off on me every hour or so. fucking sweet day apparently lol.

:tup: that was my entire point. Get your bike back soon and lets do some riding. Be safe, good luck with insurance, the phone, the bike, the gear, and the injuries

+1

Jesus chris that is some scary shit, glad to see your ok, but holy shit, its so godamm shitty that people are so oblivious to bikes, withg my father being a rider it kinda scares the shit out of me, good to see your Ok though, and good luck in court.

-Ian

Wow. Thank god you’re ok. This is why I hate the northtowns. I hate driving up there. Too much traffic, and too much not paying attention. (Not you, just in general.)

Update: just got the estimate from Ray Laks for insurance…$6,153.39 for repairs. The bike got totaled. Sooo…I’m thinking about cruisers…

wtf chris? i HAD no idea this happened…i’m glad you’re okay… are you getting a new bike? feeling better?

vrod = only cruiser

^ word to the Vrod

glad to hear your ok

GEAR FTW

The VRods are awesome bikes, love how the bike flows.

the Victory Vegas’s are real nice too

http://www.bikez.com/pictures/victory/2005/21466_0_1_2_vegas%208-ball_Image%20credits%20-%20Victory.jpg