Special case for sponsorship...

hello gents,

over the past few months and most recently in the last couple of days i have been aspiring to become a larger part of your NECC on-line community.

some of you may know that i am from Ontario and am the VP of www.son240sx.ca the largest 240sx community in the country. this summer i held the largest specifically 240sx gathering canada has ever seen with other 100 people from our community gathering at my home / family restaurant.

see pics:

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12638

i also happen to run a small operation importing, developing and selling 240sx parts on line, mostly in Canada. Some of you on this board have purchased items from me recently.

in fact, i only recently became aware of NECC and in a very short time have come to deal with many of the members here and as such i would like NECC to be the first club (aside from SON of course) that i officially sponsor.

there does exist a few snags however.

in discussions with Aaron he sent me the sponsorship agreement that you guys have laid out for potential sponsors; well put togehter i must say. It does however limit me somewhat.

the nature of my business is far different from that of a local shop.

local shops are able to get to know you guys on a more personal level and are able to play a larger role in that they are a part of your physical communities as well as on-line.

because of my distance i cannot play that sort of role in your communities and as aresult i cannot take full advantage of your official sponsor option.

also, as the sole operator of my little enterprise i have total control over everything from pricing to product selection etc. i also have to drive alot to get everything in order. over the last year i have worked hard to procure a regular offering and inventory of some of the pieces i can obtain that i feel provide the greatest value to 240sx owners. i have even gone so far as to have some items manufactured locally because i was dissatisifed with the offerings of others.

in addition to this i have made the greatest attempt possible to create unparralleled value as far as availablity, quality, timeliness, honesty and most important to many, PRICE…

as a result it is quite impossible for me to offer 10% discounts because of how tight my margins are in order to offer ALL canadian 240sx owners undiscriminated value.

what i offer to you guys is a cash donation ($100) in exchange for a banner swap (when i finally decide upon a final logo) and the opportunity to spread the word of my small operation.

my intentions are nothing more than to offer for sale in public on NECC what i do on SON240sx and, if demand warrants, to coordinate small group buys for members who wish to save on shipping costs.

as for price matching, if you can find a Canadian business that offers the same products as i do for a better price, i will beat it by 5%.

i can offer discounts that may reach as high as 10% for particular items depending on quantities.

and after searching for a few minutes on this section, i will even go to the dollar store and pick up some small pylons so that you guys can practice your drift skills for the eventual canada wide drift competitions.

if some of you have any concerns or disapprovals please let them be known here.

thanks

Bing

At this point I dont think it would be fair to other sponsors to make a deal with you that wasn’t offered to them. However that is just my opinion as a board member.

The board will discuss this, as it is our responsibility to manage the sponsorships.

However, I feel this is a private business matter and I don’t think a public forum is the proper place to discuss it.

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact me or Aaron.