Squeeling Clutch

Car’s going in this week to get checked. I’ll let you guys know what’s up. Hope it’s something little and inexpensive.

nothing that has to do with cars is inexpensive, prepare for the worst and if it is little then you will be happy instead of dissapointed!

I’m just trying to be a little optimistic, even if it’s fleeting.

Let us know how it turns out. Did you check over on Mazda3forums.com? I haven’t seen anyone with a similar issue, but I also didn’t search around too much. Might be worth a shot to check it out.

Already did. Made a thread too. Nothing was found and no one responded.

im betting tob.

50k on a stock clutch is like just breaking it in. something is fishy.

Well, I FINALLY got it in to the dealer today. I probably should update this as well. The squeeling stopped several weeks ago. I figured out I was putting a small amount of pressure on the clutch pedal when I would be accelerating from a stop and that was slowly burning up the clutch causing the noise. I paid more attention to my driving and not resting my foot on the pedal. I guess that’s what made the noise went away and I can’t even get it to make the noise anymore, no matter how bad I slip it. I’ve raced it and put the car on a dyno, and it been fine.

Anyway, the service advisor took it around the block and said that the clutch felt normal and wasn’t slipping, and since it wasn’t making the noise nor slipping, there’s nothing he could do for it.

So that’s where I stand currently. I’m going to drive it and if the clutch goes out later on, it goes out. As long as he and the technician say it’s fine, I have to believe them. They haven’t led me wrong before.