sr/rb/ca who do you use for insurance?

I called up my insurance (meloche monnex) and told them i was going to be doing an engine swap and they told me they wouldnt ensure any “high performance” or “highly modified” vehicles…

What a bunch of assclowns. Looks like i need a new insurance provider. For those of you with swapped engines, who do you use? How high are your premiums?

Meloche is my provider.

APEGGA discount too.

Eh? Me too. What do they think youre driving, a “Nissan 240sx” or a “Nissan 240sx with a turbo charged engine swap which includes 5k+ in high performance modifications”?

I also have the apegga discount, and the lady who i spoke to was quite fuzzy on the details, but i was told that if i wanted to ensure my 240sx with engine swap i wouldnt be eligable for the discount and my premiums would go thru the roof or they simply wouldnt ensure it at all.

How much do you pay for the 240?

i’m insured under statefarm but have not told them about my engine swap yet. probably not a good idea.

im with allstate and the guy is so cool. when i first insured my car it was already swapped with an sr and he asked me how much i payed, and he was really for a 89??? then he was like ‘it must have a bigger engine!’ ahahh

They know about the engine swap but since the SR is a smaller engine it didn’t cost me anything. I said i have done alot of work to it and it’s way over BBV so they just told me to keep my reciepts. This was about 3 or 4 years ago now so it might have changed.

I think i pay about 240/month for PLPD on my 240 and truck. I also have lots of tickets.

I asked my friend who works for an insurance broker and she said doing something like this is easy grounds to refuse a claim if you’re at fault in a collision :shock: .

Thats plpd only no collision/theft/fire for both?.. Right now i pay 600 a year on my dd ford taurus. She quoted me at an additional 600 per year for a stock 240 as a “pleasure car”. Im gonna phone back and see if i can talk to a non-rookie and get this shit straightened out.

I tried to get the Apegga discound on my swapped car 3 years ago, and they had nothing to do with me at Monex. RS13, you are a lucky guy. I pay less for the 08 Altima Coupe than for the 240.

Oh yea sorry. PLPD on both, Fire theft, vandalism the whole work on the 240 but collision. I also carry 2 Mil liability cuz you never know when it’s needed (was only 13 extra bucks a month). Full glass coverage is just a little more too.

My whole family is insured thru them so i think that helps too

i never told my insurance company

then you better not getin into an accident foo