sr20 almost stalling?

when i drive and then go into nuetral from like 2nd or 3rd the rpms seem
to drop quite a bit and hte car seems so almost stall for a second…but then goes up
again…could it be my bov?..its a turbo smart type 3

my n/a engine does that here n there, i think it may be weak battery, weak alternator, or just as simple as a throttle position sensor or something. Also, check your EGR i took mine out, cleaned it on my mazda, and it never did that again. EGR’s tend to act up when its cold or wet outside, dont ask me why lol.

Adjust the idle proper as per the FSM. (TPS adjustment, then idle air control vavle)

And tighten up your BOV as a leaky BOV will cause this. A little compressor surge never hurt anyone.

can this wreck the motor in any way?..and should it set the bov
on soft or hard…its a turbo smart type 3 and im running 7psi right now

Ill bet $500 its cuz you arnt re-circing your BOV. I had the same problem and as soon as i re-circed it went away. You will thank yourself for doing it.

You can’t recirc turbosmarts.

Just tighten it up a little bit untill it goes away more.

so tighten it to hard then?

so tighten it to hard then?

No get a BOV that you can re-circ, im aware that you cant run a hose off that big horn, its worth getting a proper one, even one off of a skyline.

I’m with Grippy here, my car did the exact same thing to me when i installed my ARC BOV, only everyting was wacked; idle, surging, stalling, fire out the tail pipe(that was kool though :D) I recirced it, and all was well, now it cracks open at about half throttle and 4000rpm. I d go that route if u can do it. BOV will sell rather quick here, and usually for a decent price for the seller. Another option is a HKS idle stabilzer. Dont know alot about them but they r meant to stabilize all the wacky shit the atmo BOV’s do to cars running a MAF. Pm Typhoon, he knows about those HKS units.

Tightening it will help, it seems also KA-T’s and CA’s are worse for this. BUT if u r running a MAF, u should recirc if at all possible. Hope this helps.

Am I the only guy with an atmo vented BOV and no stalling probs?

Nope, I have a VTA BOV and never had a problem, well only when it was really loose. Matter of fact the majority of cars up here i bet don’t have a recirced bov. And it is not a problem for them

Anyone interested in getting the maximum performance out of their car would not consider running a BOV to atmosphere. There is no reason to do it except for the “bling” factor of the sound. Al you do is lower your response time and run rich between shifts. (unless running standalone or MAP sensor)